How many Strings can I run

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
BensChristmasLights said:
well for the last 4 years I have been using rays psu and running most close to 80% and have only had 1 fail and due to having a spare I was back up and running in 30 mins.

as stated fans are a must IMHO.

Im wondering how many power supplies you use because its a high failure rate if you have 6 power supplies. Rays Power supplies are great for DIY if you keep a spare of 2 and they are cheap enough to do so, but there would be no way in the world i would use Rays for anything other than DIY.

The other thing that should be noted is that Rays power supplies are not C-Tick approved which means they are not approved to be sold in Australia. But then DIY is a little different and we can get away with using these, I do wonder though how the insurance companies may behave if a fire was started by using one of these non approved supplies.

Personally i only use Meanwells now days both for my own use and for customers, but unfortunatly not everyone can afford these as they are a lot more pricey than Rays offerings so Rays power supplies make a great cheap alternative.