HOW TO Connect Sandevice to LOR in DMX mode

stkay

New elf
I am attempting to connect my Sandevice E682 to my LOR network. My goal is to run the LOR from the e682. I have read countless threads on building cat cables and dongles to run the box in DMX but have not seen a clear picture or outline on running it in this fashion.
Assuming of course that all firmware is up to date and running showtime S3 advanced
All help is greatly appreciated
cheers

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
In the output type box you have to set up one of your clusters to DMX output. The pinout diagram is in the downloadable setup pdf file at the sandevices web site. Hope this helps.
John

DanJ

Full time elf
JC--I looked around on SanDevices website but I am not seeing the referenced PDF. I also plan on doing this, this weekend. I ultimately plan to drive my display with the Raspberry PI driving my E682 and my E682 driving all my RGB pixels and providing a "DMX native" signal to my LOR CTB16PC. thanks for whatever MORE help you can provide here!

DanJ

Full time elf
Thanks JC. I will take this info (I have this manual saved to my PC) and some "how to" info I pulled down Sunday night (for crossing up LAN wires to get the LOR-specific configuration) with the goal of driving my LOR with my E682

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
No problem, if you need more help let me know or stop by the chat room. There are plenty of people to help you out, and I'm on there a lot. Good luck!
John