How to create 2D pixel tree matrix in LOR

coopz05

Apprentice elf
Hi there,

I want to buy a 2nd pixel setup, but before I do, I need to know I can program it in LOR with my current setup.

Im trying to create a simple ray tree in LOR visualizer and sequence editor, but l must have it wrong.

Going on what others have said about a 'matrix' (I want to have text and images in my 2D tree) i tried to create a 12row x 40 pixel matrix with the 'matrix wizard' because thats the size of the 2nd hand tree Im looking at.

But whenever i try to press the play button in visualizer i get an error saying 'ccr does not have exactly 50 pixels'

Let alone trying to link the channels with my sequence editor. In seq editor I can choose dmx universe etc when creating a prop, but the matrix wizard seems to create them to 'regular' whatever that means...

Anyone able to help explain how I setup the prop in vizualizer then link it to my sequence editor?

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
You can do it but it is not that user friendly to do it in LOR S3. You need the advanced version of S3 to use pixels. This is only my first year but I found it was easiest to create the channels for the pixel matrix (effectively what a 2D tree is) was to use a program called vegomatic to create a channel configuration file that can be imported into LOR.

Then to create the matrix in visualiser I found a program call RGB Studio written by a bloke called victor in the states. The link is http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/26528-rgb-pixel-utility/page-2 . Demo video in post No 35 and program download in post No 37. Exports pixel props for visualiser and helps with sequencing in LOR as well.

So it can be done and once you have the channel configuration file and visualiser set up it's not to bad to use (although it's all I know so far). Search for vegomatic on here and it should show up. I think the bloke who wrote it, Bob, has the username ItsmeBobo from memory.

Both of these are free.

I just set up a 10 string x 90 pixel matrix so it can be done.

Hope that helps.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
There is a video on youtube by Andy Harrison that I found very useful, where Andy shows how to set up the channel configuration file.