How to draw a mini Spiral tree in visualiser?

Porsche

Full time elf
Hi guys, I tried so many times to draw a mini spiral tree in my visualiser. "draw Channel images".

Its a 63 pixel (234 Channel) tree, starting from Channel 1 at the bottom spiralling up to channel 234 at the top.

Can anyone guide me through it??

Cheers
Phil

mborg10

Michael Borg
G'day Phil
I tried drawing them all sorts of ways but I found that you get pretty much the same effect drawing a straight line. That's if your tree is similar to these ones.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443266726.094289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443266726.094289.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 26

arw01

Full time elf
When you say spiral tree are you talking the ac channel type where you physically loop the wires back and forth, or the kind like the second photo where it spins up like in a track and is just a string of pixels?

Since I like my props to match as close as possible, a trick I was told was to replace your back ground photo in a new sequence with the prop you want to draw, zoom in so you can see it clearly, then you can use line segments, c9 free hand etc to follow that prop image. Since you can dock that controller into the library you could even hand place every pixel where you want it by drawing a CHANNEL image instead of a CONTROLLER image and then clone that controller and might be able to move that with the arrow tool.

Post a picture of the prop and we can brain storm it.

livetoride

Full time elf
I'm exactly the same as Michael, Got them setup as a normal string in lsp and then i just put a chase effect on and there's your spiral tree!

Attachments

• 2015-09-27 08.51.42.jpg
    2015-09-27 08.51.42.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21

Porsche

Full time elf
Gday guys, thanks heaps for the replies.
Yep they are exactly the same as Daniels "bunnings tomato stand".
Just I've used ws2811 strips.

ok, so if I draw a line as you guys suggested. and spread the 63channels across that line etc.
Reckon when I add macros to the display it'll map the tress ok?.

for example. if I add a sweeping type effect of macro from right to left of the display, I would have thought the tree will have that effect running up and down, rather than side to side.
one way to find out I suppose.

mborg10

Michael Borg
A macro running left to right will have the tree doing exactly the same thing the entire tree. Macro up and down will have the lights chasing the spiral.