how to fixed the coro props on roof

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
Hi everyone, asking the experts how to properly fixed the coro props on roof example the snow flakes which measure around 1.2 x 1.2 meter . Are you guys using pvc pipe to create a frames and supports or any other ways to battle the string wind here in australia,? thanks, ernie

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
Heavy pvc pipe part of it with pixels drilled in plus some magnets. I don’t think it got a *proper* wind test though.

ermarquez

Apprentice elf
I used conduit on mine to make a frame, and then sandbags with 10kg of gravel each.
At 11:12 in my walkthrough I give a quick run through on how I put mine up.

View: https://youtu.be/Vh_dPgbPYaE?t=672

Thanks! got some tips from your video however, showstopper snowflake don’t have any holes compared to the traditional snowflake where air can pass through around the coro . the showstopper is kind of solid ( no holes or opening design)so air can blow it as a whole. still looking for bettter options. thanks

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
I built a frame out of metal conduit, then attached some metal washers to the roof (make sure to properly seal it so you don't have leaks) and two magnets on the frame. . That holds it in place, but for my big singing tree (46x46 inches, so similar size to your snowflakes) I also put a D ring on the roof. If you have asphalt shingles, you can lift the corners of them while they're warm, slide the base for a D-ring like this up under them, apply flashing sealant, then let the shingles lay over the screws. I then zip-tie the back of the frame to D-ring so there is no way it can blow away. We had gusts over 60MPH last year and it didn't move. Just be sure you're comfortable with this kind of thing before you do it, as messing this up will lead to a leaky roof. When in doubt, use lots of flashing sealant.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Thanks! got some tips from your video however, showstopper snowflake don’t have any holes compared to the traditional snowflake where air can pass through around the coro . the showstopper is kind of solid ( no holes or opening design)so air can blow it as a whole. still looking for bettter options. thanks
I had a large prop like that and last year I just literally sat it on my roof. There was already something there to stop it sliding down.