How to get your Superstar Sequence to work with non CCR strips in LOR

vvolf27

New elf
First, in Superstar export your sequence that you created. If there is more than one, export them all, make sure you know exactly where you exported your files to.

Close Superstar and open LOR sequencer.

Insert Device, DMX select number of channels you need. Keeping in mind each pixel is three channels. (for me I created universe one with 468 channels) ( you want to select the next higher number of channels than you actually need)

Now go to the first DMX channel, right click it and select change to RGB channel, a window pops up, you can chose how many RGB channels you want. (for me I selected 150)

Now you might have some extra DMX channels left over.

Right click first left over channel, select convert to group, window pops up, on the second drop down choose the last DMX channel, click OK. (did each universe before starting the next universe, so I had 18 extra DMX channels)

Now you will have a group, right click it then select Delete Channel group list, confirm

I repeated this 3 times as I will use 4 universes, each universe will use 450 channels. Your mileage may vary

When you create the next DMX device make sure you change the universe to universe two, then three etc.
I then right clicked the first RGB channel and set it as a group of 50, I then renamed it String 1, I did this for all 12 strings.

Now save as Blank, or what ever, this is your base sequence.

Now open up the superstar sequence you exported, you do this, in LOR sequencer.

You will now have 2 sequences open that you can switch back and forth between.

On your blank sequence, save as, what ever you want. I save mine as the song name. Now you won't mess up your blank one.

Now click the superstar sequence, see how long the song is.

Go back to your LOR sequence from now on I will call it song sequence.

In edit, go to change total time, enter the exact time that the superstar sequence was.

Now go to edit again, mouse over timings, go to switch grid timing, click switch to a fixed timing, input .05, from what I can tell this is what superstar sequencer exports as.

Now go to your superstar sequence, you should have X number of CCR's

Make sure the sequence is at the very beginning, click the first grid square, using the slider bar at the bottom slide all the way to the end of the sequence.

Hold down shift and mouse click the last grid square for CCR 1, it should now have a white box around it.

Either click copy at the top or hold down Ctrl then press "C"

Go back to the song sequence, click the first box in the grid for your string 1 group.

Now either click paste up top, or Ctrl V.

Repeat until you have done all strings.

Save it and your done.

It is very important that the time lengths of the two sequences are correct or else it will not line up and your timings will be off.

Also before you export from superstar go into Tools, Layout, make sure the location of ribbon controllers are in the correct place!

I learned that the hard way
smile.png

This guide does not discuss network settings. That was covered in Aussiephil's video: LOR S3.5 - E1.31 - J1SYS on Vimeo If you are only using one controller, for me it is the E681 you can plug the CAT 5 cable directly into the ethernet port on your computer, if more than one is being used, then you need a switch.

vvolf27

New elf
Dougie thanks for that, I thought there should be an easier way to select a row!! That would make things a lot faster.

vvolf27

New elf
I assume then you can do something similar to select multiple rows? At my work computer so can't look at LOR to test it.

DougieB

Full time elf
Sure can, highlight cells in the rows/columns you are looking at and the select row/column becomes select rows/columns