How to set up mesmerizer spinner from boscoyo

Srmorgan

Full time elf
I am planning on adding the mesmerizer spinner from boscoyo for this years show. But the problem I am running into is that it has 1117 pixels and the falcon f16v3 can only do 1024 pixels per port. I’m planning on running it from a smart differential receiver with two ports. Do I have to make a custom model to set up the two ports that run the prop? I downloaded the one from boscoyo but it is set up with only one string. I changed it to two but I didn’t see an obvious way to set where port two takes over. Any suggestions?

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Ok, I will look up a video on shadow models. Don’t know anything about those. Thanks

i13

Dedicated elf
I would have done it by manually configuring the controller's channels. This would work but I guess I should learn about shadow models; I get the impression that they're designed for this purpose and maybe I'm doing it the hard way.

Also note that 40 frames per second is not possible for the entire Falcon controller when one of its outputs has that many pixels. I'm not sure what frame rate you want.

Cranzy

Full time elf
You can also export the mesmerizer model as a custom model, then import it back in. Now it is a custom model and you can set the number of strings and invidividual starts :)

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Thanks for the input. The custom model trick worked great. I was just overthinking it a bit. I was trying to find how to pick each port I would use. I could only find out how to assign it to the first port so it got confusing when I couldn’t pick the other two. So I went to the visualizer and assigned it to the first port and it automatically did the two ports after that so I guess they just have to be adjacent.