How would I fix this error/warning (dimensions are really large)?

Giles1

Giles
Generous elf
I have been trying to get my brother-in-law's Lights working (it's his first year using xLights & Pixels), but I'm really struggling.
He is using a Kulp K-8 Controller, which I'm not too familiar with. He has 4 Props (the Bluey family) with all Props having 2 strings. However, they all work when plugged into a tester (one string at a time), but when connected to the controller, the second string seems to have problems. Also, I get this warning from xLights, which I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix it.
Please see the xLights warning below:

Models with issues
WARN: Custom model 'Bandit' dimensions are really large (264 x 473 x 1 : Nodes 400 => 0.32%). This may impact xLights render performance.
WARN: Custom model 'Bluey' dimensions are really large (249 x 338 x 1 : Nodes 400 => 0.48%). This may impact xLights render performance.
WARN: Custom model 'Chilli' dimensions are really large (674 x 1000 x 1 : Nodes 343 => 0.05%). This may impact xLights render performance.

Attachments

• Bluey Fail-2023.jpg
    Bluey Fail-2023.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 6

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I recommend ignoring it. You can reduce the model dimensions, which might speed up xLights a little, but that will also change how some effects render.

The problem of it not working is certainly more pressing. Maybe describe your setup, how you make sure xLights and controller are configured correctly, and screen shots of the xLights controller config, and controller web page.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
As I said, I recommend ignoring this warning.
However, if you (or anyone who discovers this thread) insists on doing something about it, select "Model Data", "Click To Edit ...", right click the data grid, and use the options in the rectangle outlined below:

ShrinkModel.png

vk3heg

Full time elf
Have you done a "upload config to controller" and also "full xlights control"? My f16v3 would do that, until it got a fresh copy of the config.