HP server psu breakout boards

battle79

Full time elf
I have some that I got from the USA if you are interested. Think they cost me about $22 AU each. Could ship from VIC up to you if your interested.

Can't seem to find address I ordered from ATM, I'll keep looking and let you know.

MrX

New elf
I used a HP PSU for my display last year and got a breakout board for it. Problem is the pinout was slight off, despite it saying it was supported. My PSU is 800watt. I believe the 750 and 1200's are the same but my dumb luck had a slightly different layout. I tried hacking the board but gave up and just soldered wires directly onto the edge connector, which worked fine.

Breakout boards may make things look neat but I am considering not bothering when I expand things this year. The large gauge wire is terminated with crimp connectors and runs into an 80 amp breaker then on to the fuse block. Still easy to swap out, just not as pretty.

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
Hi MrX , received a breakout board today plugged it on and seems to work, it powers on psu and volt meter on breakout board says 12.3v,

Haven't tested anything with a multimeter yet but I may have been lucky,

Will have to test each output to make sure all works and reads right before attaching anything,

I'm not sure if 12.3 is fine, or if I need to dial it back to 12 somehow, but pretty sure the .3 should be ok?

MrX

New elf
There are quite a few pinouts by the look across the range of HP PSUs but there seems to be a popular one that many conform to. Problem is the specific one I got is only a little bit different to the common standard so it looked like it should work but didn't. Mine runs at 12.3, never thought about dialing it down and it ran the show without any issue with any pixels. By the time the wire ran any length the volts dropped a bit anyway so don't think any pixels saw anything over 12.