I am Irish so I guess Murphy needed to visit

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Well. my main computer that i develop Nutcracker on had a disk drive failure.

So, today i bought an early Christmas gift for me and got a HP pavilion. This computer is Windows 8. So i can confirm that Nutcracker runs on Windows 8.

I have given up on doing purges every other day and paid to upgrade to 50 gbytes from my current 25 gbytes. Hopefully this takes us through Christmas.

I almost have the mega project code working. It is stitching multiple projects together, still need to tweak channels.

I currently have 9900 channels. xLights is running the show with no issues (Thanks Matt!)

Still need to get rgb floods up and floods on my nutcrackers.

thanks
sean

burner

Full time elf
smeighan said:
Well. my main computer that i develop Nutcracker on had a disk drive failure.

So, today i bought an early Christmas gift for me and got a HP pavilion. This computer is Windows 8. So i can confirm that Nutcracker runs on Windows 8.

I have given up on doing purges every other day and paid to upgrade to 50 gbytes from my current 25 gbytes. Hopefully this takes us through Christmas.

I almost have the mega project code working. It is stitching multiple projects together, still need to tweak channels.

I currently have 9900 channels. xLights is running the show with no issues (Thanks Matt!)

Still need to get rgb floods up and floods on my nutcrackers.

thanks
sean
Sean, how did you go recovering data from the old drive? I can assist you if you need some help getting your data back (depending on the severity of the failure of course). I've been through this in the last week for 3 or 4 drives that failed differently to each other.

BrianJ

Full time elf
Sean, sorry to here of your woes with the computer. On the other hand it's great that your display is starting to take shape and I hope you can get some enjoyment from your months of devotion to Nutcracker.

My display has only been on a couple days now and I already have people commenting on how much they love the effects.

Thanks for helping make my display a success.