I have anxiety but I'm okay (as far it goes)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have had fairly insane anxiety my entire life. Only over the last few days have I actually admitted that to anyone beside a couple of medical practitioners. I am uncomfortable pretty much everywhere and all interactions are affected by my anxiety. No-one knew I had anxiety as it's always been a fear that someone would know that I have anxiety and that would change the way that they perceive me. For many, many years I have been going to make public that I have battled anxiety along with depression, sinusitis, tinnitus, arthritis and who knows what else. I have always kept that internalised. Speaking in public has always cost me hugely mentally but when it comes to Christmas lights I have done it where I could. Being the focus of attention has always freaked me out. At the recent Melbourne mini (which I love being at and freak out as there's other people there) I was selling lots of stuff. Well actually lots of stuff was being sold but mainly not by me. I was uncomfortable being on the other side of the table with people looking at me. I was only too happy to talk to people and a couple of the absolute legends at the mini were working as unofficial salesmen for me.
My focus on user manuals being supplied and being correct stems from my anxiety. My own user manuals are nowhere near to the standard that I would like as I am nowhere near as proficient with Word and any graphics programs necessary to create good diagrams. Knowing the information and being able to put it down electronically are 2 totally separate things sadly.

Alan I think that you have handled youself in a good way and do not need to put pressure on yourself to meet someoneelse's strandard but do what you can at your pace, I have bought numerous items from you and have found your bussiness standard to be of a high value and that you have always offered any advice on a topic that you can help with even if the people asking are not your customers.
We could not have this great hobby without your input and support and hope this set back will not stop you as you have so much to give

Thank you for sharing Alan, I hear you.
Aside from knowing hello, goodbye and a few swearwords in a couple of languages, my comprehension with coding is about the same 😁

I am very much like you Alan even though my work like yours hides it.
I work on the sales counter in an electrical wholesale outlet and am forever dealing with people yet I'm very shy and introverted. So Great big Thumbs up to you.

• Appreciate
Reactions: AAH
Thanks for sharing.

Have to say I love supporting and ordering from your store, great to deal with if there's any issues and I'm constantly impressed with how generous you are with your time!

Actually, overall I'm constantly blown away from everyone's knowledge and willingness to share on this forum.

I'm not sure anyway can claim they're proficient with Word to be honest, so I wouldn't worry. If you need anything programming wise or any help with manuals (I actually don't mind tinkering with technical diagrams etc), you don't even need to ask ;)

• Appreciate
Reactions: AAH
Back