I need a little help with lsp

smeighan

Dedicated elf
can someone who has lsp create a simple sequence with 2 or 3 rgb strings. If you could do a chase on each string in some primary colors and then send me the msq file. a video of the sequence would be even better.

I am in the process of reverse engineering the msq file. i need a simple file to make this easier.

sean.meighan@oracle.com

kane

Dedicated elf
Re: Re: I need a little help with lsp

smeighan said:
can someone who has lsp create a simple sequence with 2 or 3 rgb strings. If you could do a chase on each string in some primary colors and then send me the msq file. a video of the sequence would be even better.

I am in the process of reverse engineering the msq file. i need a simple file to make this easier.

sean.meighan@oracle.com

Sean, i wouldn't bother doing this until the new version is out as the format is going to completely change appArently

smeighan

Dedicated elf

Kane said:
smeighan said:

sean.meighan@oracle.com

Sean, i wouldn't bother doing this until the new version is out as the format is going to completely change appArently

I dont believe the new LSP 3 will be unable to read a lsp 2 file. If that were true everyones sequences would have to all be done over. I know LSP 3 will have its own xml file and maybe someday i will produce that also.

LOR S3 has new features in their S3 xml files. LOR S3 reads S2 files with no issues.

so, i will go ahead and try to make a lsp 2 msq file. Maybe one of you could ask on the LSP forum if the LSP 3 will be unable to read LSP 2 files. I would be surprised if that were true. but who knows?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

smeighan said:
Kane said:
smeighan said:

sean.meighan@oracle.com

I dont believe the new LSP 3 will be unable to read a lsp 2 file. If that were true everyones sequences would have to all be done over. I know LSP 3 will have its own xml file and maybe someday i will produce that also.

LOR S3 has new features in their S3 xml files. LOR S3 reads S2 files with no issues.

so, i will go ahead and try to make a lsp 2 msq file. Maybe one of you could ask on the LSP forum if the LSP 3 will be unable to read LSP 2 files. I would be surprised if that were true. but who knows?

I would believe that LSP 2.5 would convert your V2 files to work in V2.5 on opening but would not be able to read V2 files natively as this has been a path used by sequencers in the past. The XML file in LSP v2.5 is being reworked to be more efficient and possibly the controllers may have its own XML file so anything done for the V2 XML file will most probably not work for V2.5. But then this is not confirmed

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Sean,

If nobody else does this before i get a chance tonight i'll do you a basic file you are after..... not everyone will upgrade so it will still be valid.

Phil

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Sorry, must have missed this post. I have sent a file. but im sure it could be said "the more the merrier".

smeighan

Dedicated elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
Sorry, must have missed this post. I have sent a file. but im sure it could be said "the more the merrier".

got your file, thanks!. Your file is a 5262 line xml. The previous "simple" 100 rgb pixel string was 21,500 line xml.
Trying to find the minimum content for the xml file to produce is fun. There is no documentation for the LSP 2, 2.5 or 3.0 XML file. To be fair, there is no official documentation about vixen or LOR xml files. They were just easier because they dont have so much content.

ill keep plugging away. I am getting less time now as there is a big project i am working on at Oracle that i need to get done by june 18th. I get done as much as i can.

thanks again