I think I broke my ecg-p2

crispy

Apprentice elf
Hi

So i bought the p2 a few weeks ago but have only been able to play with it recently. I have had issues with it blinking when it wasn't supposed to. I think it might be related to the strobe effect. I turned it on and the P2 seemed to develop a mind of its own. I got things working again but foolishly started looking at the strobe tab again and now I can't connect to it. I can connect via the UBL with both USB and ethernet but can't open the browser page. Have flashed the firmware, different IP addresses, and connecting directly. Am I missing something or is it broken?

Chris

Attachments

• Device Info.JPG
    Device Info.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 18
  • Advanced Info.JPG
    Advanced Info.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 14

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's 2 things to check. Firstly check that your PC is on the 192.168.0.1 IP range as that's what you appear to have your P2 set for and secondly on 1 of the setup screens there's an option for enabling Ethernet/E1.31 I think.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Here is the screen with the E1.31 enabled:
P@.jpg

Chris,
Can you even get to the P2 through the browser at all at the 192.168.0.101 address?
Never mind, I just re-read your post on that !!

Have you checked your network settings to see that the TCI/IP settings will let you access it?

tcpip.jpg

crispy

Apprentice elf
I have an ECG-P12R at 192.168.0.100 and have no problem accessing it. Ended up flashing version 2.7 of the firmware and it came back. Weird. Thanks though.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Glad to hear you got it running.
Sometimes things just go whacky for no reason and we panic (well at least I can get pretty miffed by things)!

Chalk it up to one for the books and press on eh?

Best wishes for the holidays!
Bill