IC RGB Pixel with a narrower beam angle.

marsh28

Apprentice elf
Almost all the RGB pixels I see on Ray's site (and others) have a beam angle of at least 120 dg. I want to build some DIY wall washers that can be daisy chained and controlled with e1.31. However, to do this, I need to find an RGB pixel that has a narrower beam angle. So far, the only thing that fits the bill are LEDs you typically see installed in DMX fixtures. Does anyone have any suggestions?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Stellascapes have a nice narrow beam pixel that you could wall wash with.
Using pixels limits you to typically very low current devices or else high resolution. Having 30mm spacing on pixels makes for a lot of channels to light things up. Personally I use a number of 500mm 12V dc rigid strips driven off dmx boards and mounted under my eaves and angled so that the 120 degree angle gives a reasonably even coverage of my walls.
If you are committed to using pixel control then you could use plain dc rgb lights and either the 2801DC or 2811DC boards that I make.

multicast

Senior elf
AAH said:
Stellascapes have a nice narrow beam pixel that you could wall wash with.
90W, RGBW and sticks out about 2000 lumens. ( real lumens ). Run 10 in a chain. Need a 48V power supply. And a good budget. these things are not cheap.