1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

IC RGB Pixel with a narrower beam angle.

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by marsh28, Oct 24, 2015.

1. marsh28

marsh28 Apprentice Elf

Almost all the RGB pixels I see on Ray's site (and others) have a beam angle of at least 120 dg. I want to build some DIY wall washers that can be daisy chained and controlled with e1.31. However, to do this, I need to find an RGB pixel that has a narrower beam angle. So far, the only thing that fits the bill are LEDs you typically see installed in DMX fixtures. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    Stellascapes have a nice narrow beam pixel that you could wall wash with.
    Using pixels limits you to typically very low current devices or else high resolution. Having 30mm spacing on pixels makes for a lot of channels to light things up. Personally I use a number of 500mm 12V dc rigid strips driven off dmx boards and mounted under my eaves and angled so that the 120 degree angle gives a reasonably even coverage of my walls.
    If you are committed to using pixel control then you could use plain dc rgb lights and either the 2801DC or 2811DC boards that I make.

3. multicast

multicast Senior Elf Generous Elf

90W, RGBW and sticks out about 2000 lumens. ( real lumens ). Run 10 in a chain. Need a 48V power supply. And a good budget. these things are not cheap.