Ideas

kane

Dedicated elf
A macro I think would be relatively easy to implement is a VU meter style - to get a matrix or other group of lights respond to the music in the sequence, even if it wasn't particularly accurate...

kenlmcse

Lightshowpro Developer
Kane said:
A macro I think would be relatively easy to implement is a VU meter style - to get a matrix or other group of lights respond to the music in the sequence, even if it wasn't particularly accurate...

Yeah the EQ has been on my mind for a while. A VU meter would be kind of like the sonogram???

I Like

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Something that's been on my mind of late has to do with the existing image shifter macro. I think it would be great to simply have and image move in a direction once, twice, etc. Unlike the color shift macro (assuming I'm not doing something wrong), I can't seem to move and image lets say up one, twice, etc, over a several seconds span. With the color shifter, you can do this. The image shifter had a speed setting, but you are left guessing what relation that dial has to the duration you've selected.

Example: for halloween, I drew a ghost jpeg and wanted to push it up one of my vertical matrices from bottom to top once, twice, etc. With the existing image shifter, I had to sit and play with the speed for the duration I was interested in or it would go past the "top" position where I wanted the ghost to stop... make sense?

Thanks!

Louie

kane

Dedicated elf
KenL said:
Yeah the EQ has been on my mind for a while. A VU meter would be kind of like the sonogram???

I Like

Not sure what you mean by Sonogram, isn't that like an ultrasound?

But I probably should have said "Spectrum Analyser" as opposed to VU meter, I suppose - here's a thread where we were talking about it a couple years ago:

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=3015

For me, it would be great as a "filler" to display on my ball matrix (50mm pixel balls across the front of my house around 4m x 1.5m)

Actually, if you're looking to expand the sort of people you can sell LSP to, it'd be great to get "automatic" stuff in there if possible. Ideally, absolute beginners would be able to go in and map out their display, load up a song, and have automatic effects applied to the display elements based on the music.. I understand it's easier said than done, but this would definitely open up opportunities for more beginners. (and get more users!)

Cheers

Kane