If you ever wondered why we do this

adski

Dave Brown
The smallest block in our neck of the woods is 2 acres, so the population is a bit thin on the ground. Typically, only a few dozen cars would pass our place between sunset and midnight and if half a dozen stop for a look, I've had a good night! So this was a pleasant surprise:

[attachimg=1]

If you ever wondered why we do this ..... that's why!

Dave

Attachments

• ThankYouNote.png
    ThankYouNote.png
    778 KB · Views: 116

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Its always a great feeling that what you create can envoke emotions and enjoyment in total strangers.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Yes totally agree I have had letter like that over the years along with gifts left from random strangers and for all the frustration that is the reason we do it

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Had one lady stop by when I was recording and tell me she loves the display and thanked me...

She brings her daughter over every night to watch from the side of the road.

-blu

Karob

Let there be Light!
Great work Dave

You are right, all the long hours and frustration can be erased with one smile of a child.

Receiving a random letter defiantly helps get the motivation to do a even better job next year, this year we have received a couple of letters and numerous comments from strangers saying this is the 4th time they have been past the house and the 1st they come to look at,

Just think what kind of letter you will get next year Dave when you get a chance to put up the full display.