I'm confused once again...

Seancrv

New elf
Greetings all,

I ran into a snag while setting up my strips for window outlines. I had been running five temporary arches, three meters/90 pixels each. They were hooked to outputs one through five on an F16v3 controller using xLights and worked great thanks to some help on this board. After a few weeks, I unhooked them and started installing permanent pixel strips around doors, windows, etc.

I started with a clean slate in xLights and sent a new sequence for each addition of lights to test things. I was able to get the first two windows working, the first garage door working, but ran into a problem on the second door. The last 31 pixels do not light, it is like they do not exist. Everything looks to be correct in xLights and program numbering.

Each window/door is hooked to its own F16 output. The windows have 226 pixels and garage doors have 195 pixels. The garage doors are entered into xLights as a three sided Poly-Line. There is so much information that could possibly be off that I decided to wait for requests rather than posting 20 different configuration shots.

I’m not desperate yet but I am getting there! Thanks in advance for any help.

Sean

keithsw1111

Senior elf
When you get stuck with these things have you ever tried the xlights zoom room. There are almost always folks in the room and they are expert in these things.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
or in the xLights program itself there's a link to the zoom room in the Help menu.
Note: Wednesday nights, about 8pm (American East (?) coast time) is usually the xEssentials class for about an hour.

Seancrv

New elf
You win ezellner, that wasn’t exactly the problem but it led me to what was wrong.

On the v2.55 page under port configuration, my pixel count was correct. Last time I had a problem, that was where it was at, hence the confusion.

This time, my start channels were off. I was assuming that when you changed the pixel count that it would automatically change the start channels. I was pulling my hair out last Friday and saw that some numbers looked off. Sure as hell, I did the math and they were. I changed the start channels and everything worked great for the July 4th display.

Thanks for the help on this one. I will eventually know everything that I can easily overlook and not have to ask questions for simple mistakes!