im new

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
hi everyone, my name is Teresa and i live in Adelaide, South Australia. I have been doing my christmas display for 9 years now and every year its gets bigger and bigger. I try to add new things each year as it would be boring to show the same stuff. Visitors come from all around to see what i have done and can even tell me what i have changed. im the only one in my street who lights up, but im lucky enough to have neighbours who love my eccentric behavour!! They put up with the cars and hoards of people from Pageant day( we all know this is the official beginning of christmas) until New Years Eve. It makes me so happy to see the children and adults excited and see them all come together at this marvelous time of year. A couple of years ago, i introduced christmas music and this year i would like to make the lights flash to the music. Im sure im an ammature compared to some of you on here, but im getting there. Cant wait to start putting up my display, even hubby, who for years complained, now takes me shopping to look for new things and likes to have a say how its displayed........ive turned him into the crazy light man!!!!!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Teresa, we are glad you have become a member. Feel free to ask questions and seek help there are many here willing to assist you in your goals. You are amongst other nutters now :D

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Teresa.

The Boys in South Australia will be so happy there's another one down there.
They feel a bit left out sometimes.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
thecrazylightlady said:
thanks, i have no idea where to start though, it all looks a bit complicated

Dont worry thats what most say at first, it does seem daunting but with help and asking questions it quickly falls into place

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Well hi there, tthecrazylightlady!

There are a few of us from Adelaide and a few from rural South Australia.

May I ask which suburb you live in? If you live up north then one of us crazy light decorators may be closer than you think.

My advice would be to come in to the chat room and ask questions so that you can become more familiar with the elements of computer controlled lights plus the different options available. Then next year you'll be an expert in this stuff. :)

For 2012 I have put up a topic asking for expressions of interest for an Adelaide-based light get together, although I'm not offering to host it personally. There has been a get together (traditionally called a "Mini") hosted by someone else for a very small group in 2009 and 2010 however there was nothing organised for 2011.

Welcome to AusChristmasLighting :D

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL light lady,
I cant call you crazy otherwise that would make us all crazy.
Glad another South Australian is popping up an willing to tackle the computer side of things.

Do you have any Pictures of your Static display?

what sort of computer control are you thinking of using..
Think Big but take things step by step, Were all willing to help

hope to see you in chat sometime
Alec

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
ryanschristmaslights said:
Well hi there, tthecrazylightlady!

There are a few of us from Adelaide and a few from rural South Australia.

May I ask which suburb you live in? If you live up north then one of us crazy light decorators may be closer than you think.

My advice would be to come in to the chat room and ask questions so that you can become more familiar with the elements of computer controlled lights plus the different options available. Then next year you'll be an expert in this stuff. :)

For 2012 I have put up a topic asking for expressions of interest for an Adelaide-based light get together, although I'm not offering to host it personally. There has been a get together (traditionally called a "Mini") hosted by someone else for a very small group in 2009 and 2010 however there was nothing organised for 2011.

Welcome to AusChristmasLighting :D
I live in Angle Vale, South Australia. I like the idea of a get together. Unfortunately i dont have any pictures of my display, but i plan to take loads of photos and video this year. Its a shame though, i would have loved to see how its changed over the years. As for my computer....well im not really computer savvy, facebook, internet banking, ebay and looking for xmas lights on google are my limit, lol. I have a toshiba laptop, i have no idea what size etc, but i do know i want this to happen, so ill do whatever is nessessary to make my lights the best!!!!