Importing a sequence (Need to change all picture locations)

JimB

New elf
I have imported sequences before with no problems but I am having trouble importing the 12 days of Christmas sequence from "Download Sequences/Lyric" under tools in xlights. After I import the sequence, none of the pictures work because they are showing as being located at "F:\To Revise\Christmas\12 Days of Christmas - Richard Sonnier\_lost\heart.jpg" for example. I can click on the browser button and select the proper image file in my directory but I don't want to have to do this one file at a time. Is there a way to change the location of all the image files? Thank you.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Save the imported sequence, then close it and open the .xsq file in Notepad or similar editor. There you can use the find and replace function to change the images' address.
Another thing I found this year that I hadn't noticed before was that if I copied the images and videos from the import folder to the xlights standard folders (Ie C:\xLights\Images\ or C:\xLights\Videos\) before importing the sequence then the image and video addresses would point to the standard folders.

JimB

New elf
Save the imported sequence, then close it and open the .xsq file in Notepad or similar editor. There you can use the find and replace function to change the images' address.
Another thing I found this year that I hadn't noticed before was that if I copied the images and videos from the import folder to the xlights standard folders (Ie C:\xLights\Images\ or C:\xLights\Videos\) before importing the sequence then the image and video addresses would point to the standard folders.
Thank you for the reply and advice, greatly appreciated. I removed the file path that came with the sequence as you suggested but under sequence settings, I cannot select where the animation files are located. It is dimmed out and I cannot select the icon to the right side, which allows you to select where the files are located. Do you have any idea why it is dimmed out? Thank you; Jim

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Are you talking about the media (song) location?

1640903924357.png
The "Sequence Type" should be set to "Media" if you want to select a song

JimB

New elf
Thank you for the reply. I was talking about the animation file. It is dimmed out so I can't select the location of the files.
Also, I was able to get it to work today. When I changed the path yesterday, I didn't put in the new path. So today I supplied the path and it works. I would still like to know why the animation file location is dimmed out though. Thanks again for your help.

JimB

New elf
You can use select effects to select all pictures in the sequence, and then right click on the path box and select bulk edit location,
Thank you for the reply. Didn't have any idea about that function, still learning a lot. I found the "select effects" under windows and I selected pictures for effect type and selected tree as the model. Effect by times show up but I do not see a "path box" to right click on. I'm sure I'm missing something here. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Select Effects.jpg
    Select Effects.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 15

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
After you have selected your picture effects, and they are purple
(so requires 2 or more to be selected, otherwise it wont show)
You can select them manually or use select effects to quickly select them,
Right click on the path box in the effect settings window which iv marked with red arrow,
yours will have a location in it,
(mine is blank as i made a quick sequence and plonked effects to grab the screenshot for you)

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• pathbox.png
    pathbox.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 16

JimB

New elf
kAfter you have selected your picture effects, and they are purple
Right click on the path box in the effect settings window which iv marked with red arrow,
(mine is blank as i made a quick sequence and plonked effects to grab the screenshot for you)

Hope this helps,

After you have selected your picture effects, and they are purple

Hope this helps,
Thanks for the instructions. I was able to find the bulk edit. I would have never figured that out without your help. Thanks again. Jim