Importing Sequences to Model Groups

aimbrunone

New elf
I’m new at this. Trying to learn this software. I just created some model groups in my layout. Went to import a sequence into my show. I can see all of my props but the groups don’t show up as an option. Am I missing something? Thanks

Welcome to the xLights journey. There are many things that are not easily discovered about xLights. I think the one you've most likely hit is called "Display Elements", which establishes which models and groups are in your sequence. You can access the panel to adjust this from the View->Windows menu.

This window is a bit much... On the right, you have "View". Those are views you have defined. Once one of those is picked, the display elements in that view are listed below, the ones not in that view are to the left. Make selections and you can move them back and forth. The order of the display elements in the master view is special, as it establishes the "render order". As with any good xLights dialog, there are many features (such as sorting) that are tucked away in the right-click menu.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask more questions.

1720223734163.png

Thanks so much for your help. It seems to be working. There is definitely a learning curve with xlights! lol.

Thanks so much for your help. It seems to be working. There is definitely a learning curve with xlights! lol.
that it can be, one of the best things I ever did was to download one of Showstoppers free sequences and learn from the way they do things and most importantly how they setout there models & groups hierarchy, and now with aliases for names it can make importing a sequences as simple as a couple of clicks

Back