In & Out RPi hats - in use

Zuseleets

Full time elf
So here's an idea i've had in my mind for a couple of years which I'm hoping this item can accomodate and happy to get other's feedback.
I'd like to setup a control box with buttons similar to @thewanderingpine where kids can push a button and it will light up the megatree with a pre-made effect/sequence. But when the button sequence is finished/not pressed, the megatree is part of the full show.
I did this in 2021 with my Angel Wings. It was sequenced in every song in my show, but I configured it to play a short effect when the button was pressed. The wings then resumed playing the show once the effect finished. I didn't have the experience lights board though. I made my own.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
I should update this thread with my updated box…. I liked the old one (it didn’t look like the same podium) but mounting it (and the wings) was a pain. (They were in the driveway and had to be moved in and out every night)

so we moved the wings and changed the button layout. Now it’s permanently setup and so much easier. Also added a Kmart halo and big arch (with clear inspiration from @SarahD ). Now if only the pixels weren’t etop late 2022 — would have been perfect.
9594036D-8AC7-4B6C-8C0B-F3C4820121A9.jpeg
4508F65F-74D2-4DC1-A906-F5B6E9F98291.jpeg

B0EE5B91-B768-4C4D-9AF8-B6F34538EF97.jpeg

someoneAUS

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
So I wasnt part of the group buy ( wish I was shipping killed me getting my own ) but our songs are driven by the buttons. We have a background sequence that runs normally then we have 2-5 songs behind each button that are played randomly on the buton press. This keeps the display quiet when no one is watching which helps with the neighbour approval and also seems to be the most talked about / liked bit of the whole thing to the people that come have a look.

Im running 12v with the extension hat. Its sitting on the end of an eth cable that runs from the front middle of the house across to one side then all the way to the front kerb without issues. Setup pic for idea of length other end is the control box next to the nativity.
sSaXfqJ.png

2Co8cmL.png

stevelee

Apprentice elf
I use my two on a few of the buttons in my sleigh. When they select one the buttons it’s plays a sequence in the p5 panels next to the switches and the strip lights around the sleigh. When no button is pressed for a while it goes back to a basic screen prompting them to find the buttons a very big hit with the kids
I love this and now I want one !!

Dreamin

Full time elf
I did this in 2021 with my Angel Wings. It was sequenced in every song in my show, but I configured it to play a short effect when the button was pressed. The wings then resumed playing the show once the effect finished. I didn't have the experience lights board though. I made my own.

Tell me more! I'm running my wings off Hansons PiHat 28D+. I had it set up with a switch to start with but then went remote falcon but no one was scanning the QR code. A bit red button however they would press that! works great for the music. I would just like to have a sequence for photos so it's easier for people to take a photo.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
Tell me more! I'm running my wings off Hansons PiHat 28D+. I had it set up with a switch to start with but then went remote falcon but no one was scanning the QR code. A bit red button however they would press that! works great for the music. I would just like to have a sequence for photos so it's easier for people to take a photo.
@AAH was working on some documentation on how to do this on his board. I’m not sure if he finished it though.

Reactions: AAH

Rickras85

Apprentice elf
Use the remote start fseq this is how I do mine. I actually have three pi’s behind the panel. One to control the led strip and the p5 panels for one Alan’s cards. Then another two for the pi hats. This allowed me to use 12 inputs trigger/buttons for different sequences