Interactive assistance

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Hi, I want to do the following.[/size]MIDI Keyboard connected to a FP connected to a Pixels controller connected to lights strings in tubes like a Xylophone. Punters hit the key and the sound plays and the correct tube lights up.I'm sure someone has done it - just not me.

gerry

Senior elf
Hi,

Great idea !

I think you need to use the PIFace as an interface to the Raspberry, which then drives a script.

Daryl had this setup at the mini (not the whole piano effect - but the interrupt driven off a switch)

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
gerry said:
Hi,

Great idea !

I think you need to use the PIFace as an interface to the Raspberry, which then drives a script.

Daryl had this setup at the mini (not the whole piano effect - but the interrupt driven off a switch)
Hi Gerry, thanks. Will see what pops up. Cheers

multicast

Senior elf
Can do this with the Open Lighting Architecture system. You can run it on a Raspberry PI or a Beagle Bone

Out of the box today.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Thanks Gerry. It came together better than I thought in the end.
Here are some details about LightJams.

http://www.lightjams.com/midiDMX.html[/size]There is no "trial period" it just stops working for 15 seconds every 30 minutes, plenty to trial with. but the full version is only $149.00I got excellent support as they wrote the program for me and are doing a "how they did it" on their forum in the next few days.