Is LFP right for me?

candlelight

New elf
was just wanting to hear from any other LFP users if this software works decent for running a show? My show this year will run near 18,000 rgb channels.. I'm a pretty quick learner, and I watched must of phil's videos already..
but wanted to see what anybody had to say
LSP has me scared, had way to many issues last summer running the show, and now my channel count is x4

barbotte

Apprentice elf
if you are scare of lps as i am ...you can also try HLS its free and deal with mostly rgb stuff
personaly i have not decide yet with route i will be going yet
cherer

Madko

Full time elf
I can't help you with your decision on either LFP or LSP as I don't have any knowledge on them. However I am a newbie and I'm already setting up for my first computerised christmas show. I'm using HLS. It's free and easy to use. HLS has recently recieved its own forum section along with LSP. It won't cost anything to give it a go anyway.
I haven't had any major problems yet and any hiccup I come across I have found the answer from its well document user manual and asked the friendly guys here at ACL who has led me in working something out.

I'm also using all 2811 RGB pixels at the moment. Hope this helps!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
candlelight said:
was just wanting to hear from any other LFP users if this software works decent for running a show? My show this year will run near 18,000 rgb channels.. I'm a pretty quick learner, and I watched must of phil's videos already..
but wanted to see what anybody had to say
LSP has me scared, had way to many issues last summer running the show, and now my channel count is x4

What was the issues that you had last year. Was it the scheduler as i can understand as this was not the best and is the reason why the scheduler is currently undergoing a complete rewrite that will see many big improvements

candlelight

New elf
yes, the scheduler is one of the main reasons. last summer the show would almost never run without issue (lights would freeze, program would crash, lights would be choppy... I switched back to LOR for my xmas show and I could set it to run and no worries, it ran without problem. I know there are improvements being made but my show starts in June and I don't want to have to babysit the program, and with 18,000 channels I don't think LOR is an option
eddy, I know you have high channel counts so I could probably learn a lot from you, but I have several non standard elements and panning through several thousand channels to draw them in the visualizer is painful. I can't draw them in matrix view/matrix map because they are not rectangular elements.
I created 150 pixel firework props, took the time to draw 8 of them in the visualizer (3,600 channels), but I still can't apply a macro that will make it look like they explode from the center out.... , same thing with my arch fans, macros worked here but must often added extra effects. maybe I need to play with the frames and speed more..
and on and on... I don't mind working through these issues, but what's the difference if I can't play the show reliably...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If you are planning for a show in July then i doubt the scheduler in LSP will be ready then so i would be looking at alternatives. But LFP isnt easy to use, you may be better looking at something like madrix

Klanook

New elf
If you're still debating you may need to contact Martin as be mentioned to me in an email that due to the lack of uptake they might be mothballing lightfactory personal towards the end of this month. Full support extended to existing customers however no new copies.