is LSP no longer being developed?

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
So I jumped on the sale bandwagon last July and got LSP at a discount (32k channel pro version for $250). At the time I was under the impression that LSP, like other sequencing software, was still an actively developing application (part of what is stated is two years of upgrades when you purchase). As time passes, I don't see any updates on rewrite or even new builds for bug fixes (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place). Does anyone have current information on LSP and where it is headed? (To be honest, after a particularly nasty LSP crash, I ended up going with xLights/Nutcracker for 2014 and am looking at Vixen 3 along with xLights/Nutcracker for 2015). Any thoughts, comments, connections, appreciated. Thanks.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
The Light Show Pro software was purchased by Minleon and is now under their name. There were some problems in the transition while things were being taken over but the last thing I have heard is that there is "supposed to be" a major rewrite of the software this year (2015) which will make changes to almost all of the functions of LSP. But there is no new info on the site about the rewrite or even updates so that is not a good sign.

Hopefully FastEddy will jump in here and clarify things quickly as I know a lot of us who turned to LSP from LOR are waiting with our breaths held to see what is going to happen. I too have the top level license with it and am anxious to see what is going to happen with it before I spend too much time investing myself in working with it.

I also just downloaded the newest versions of xLights/Nutcracker along with HLS to see how they work but it certainly would be nice to stick with one program to keep going along with!
HLS looks like it will be a learning curve to get going with as will xLights but also seeing the new talk on the new xLights that is coming out is very promising.

Bad enough to have to go through money like water for all the goodies and then set it all up and sequence things but now to have to wait for a good sequencing program is just frustrating on top of it all!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
As far as we (LSP users) know, LSP has been undergoing a full rewrite during 2014 with a new release apparently planned for 2015. However, there are no specific dates that I know of for the new release and info comming out from the LSP team has been thin on the ground. But as far as I know, it has not been canned and should be re-emrging sometime this year.
Perhaps anyone with more detailed info can add to or refute what I have said above.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I have heard nothing to suggest that development is not continuing, from what i can gather they are still working away in the background. I will see if i can get any updates

mborg10

Michael Borg
I don't know that much and can say even less, but Minleon are doing some cool stuff behind the scenes. Keep your eyes peeled

AussieDoug

Full time elf
I hope they pull their fingers out, because I will be looking to start sequencing around July & it will be useless releasing new software much after August. By that time of year most people have already decided on what software they want to use.

gerry

Senior elf
I would add that , given past experiences (reading through the forum and LSP posts as before my time), one would want to see a release by March/April even if it was a limited release.

I think that folks would want to assess the stability etc.. July / Aug would be getting late (and would be past the minis) to use a new version and then find that there are problems . If at the same time , the old version could not be used (eg as recently when the authorisation server changed), then we would be in some strife !

arw01

Full time elf
Join the LSP facebook group too. the developers occasionally post over there their personal videos of displays etc, but not really anything on the re-write (NDA). It is progressing however.

There was a little tweak to one of the macros released on the facebook side. There has been development also on their controller side of the business, they have a controller that can run ws2811 pixels too. I think the Effects Controller can be programmed to run the ws2811 controller, but I don't have one to play with yet.

I hear there is a wifi mini controller with some limited downloaded sequence ability and can be controlled from your smartphone/computer so you could put one of those in your in the house tree and some c6 size minleon strings of maybe the M5 and have your own sequences play on the interior tree!

mborg10

Michael Borg
arw01 said:
I hear there is a wifi mini controller with some limited downloaded sequence ability and can be controlled from your smartphone/computer so you could put one of those in your in the house tree and some c6 size minleon strings of maybe the M5 and have your own sequences play on the interior tree!
That's the WEC wireless effects controller. It can control up to 400 lights. You can duplicate this signal and control multiple 400 sections of lights.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Thanks Neil,
I found that link last night and hope to watch it later on today.

I just want to see what the different software packages have to offer and see what works and what doesn't at this point. I want to be able to try and use just one or two programs if possible but since I bought both the advanced versions of LOR and LSP, I don't want to waste any more unless I am pretty sure that it will work now and in the foreseeable future!

I am going to convert from LOR to something that will let me use my LOR equipment and still upgrade to RGB hardware as well and use a Rasberry Pi computer with FPP to run the whole thing (or at least a major portion of it).

Benslights

Dedicated elf
so what does HLS have to do with LSP???

please keep your post to the topic at hand or start a new topic please

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Ryan Montgomery posted an LSP update on the Facebook page - talks about testing with 440,000 channels - WOW! Also mentions new drawing tool and channel mapping. Quote: "Hopefully we will be kicking the alpha team off in the near future to start providing some feedback..."

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I spoke to Ryan the other day and he mentioned this as well, so looks like he has given a little update on how things are progressing over at the LSP facebook page.

angus40

Senior elf
BensChristmasLights said:
so what does HLS have to do with LSP???

please keep your post to the topic at hand or start a new topic please

Whoa , you seem to be quite sensitive to someone mentioning HLS ,
but Xlights Nutcracker is ok ?
Relax a bit will you as I believe that all these sequencers and lighting tools have cross platform offerings and it is very unwise to be closed minded of this fact .
Freedom of speach still exists does it not ?

BTW happy new year :)

kenlmcse

Lightshowpro Developer
Freedom of Speech!!! Some needs to remind these terrorist this is how the rest of us think!!!

Anyway, I can tell you 100% for sure - Development is happening.

And again, if you have ideas for a macros - PM me your idea. Posting in the forum might get lost when I am programming.