Is LSP still going?

stiebs

New elf
Hey everyone..
My lights have mostly stayed dormant over the last few years, but wanted to get something up this year. Left the run a bit late, but was hoping to get some basic sequences up and going. I have a few LSP shows in the archives, but in finding, downloading, installing and activating LSP again, I'm not filled with confidence that LSP is still actively supported?! The website seems horribly out of date.

My license activation failed, and I've logged a support ticket to see if they can help me out, but I'm not sure if I should hold my breath or look elsewhere. (xlights? )

livetoride

Full time elf
Lsp is dead, many promised releases with nothing eventuating, only support is from other users. Just bite the bullet and go with Xlights, its light years ahead of LSP now and it will forever will be.

stiebs

New elf
Thanks guys, figured as much. I've started having a bit of a play with xlights. Hopefully should be able to jog my memory and work through the xlights learning curce to get something up and going in the next 3 weeks. ... yikes! only 3 weeks left until Dec!!

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Live2ride-Daniel said:
Lsp is dead, many promised releases with nothing eventuating, only support is from other users. Just bite the bullet and go with Xlights, its light years ahead of LSP now and it will forever will be.

I have to agree. As a former LSP user and I was on the LSP Quality Control Committee and beta test team, I decided back in July that LSP would simply not allow me to do the show I wanted, despite promise after promise, and some half-working Beta's. I took the jump to xLights and have not looked back :)