Is Ray Wu's shop still the best place for pixels?

livetoride

Full time elf
Nice link Hammo, Just remember they are for $11 for 50 only. Ray sells his in 100 pixel lots for $23. You save a dollar but a saving is a saving :).. I usually get ray to add on pigtails and he normally still only chagres $23 per string!

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
It comes down to what you define "best place" really means. Is Ray the cheapest? Perhaps not, but it's certainly close to it, especially when you consider customising your order (specific lengths, added sealed pigtails etc.) Is he the fastest at shipping? During the most part of the year I'd say absolutely. There will be times towards the end of the year when everyone suddenly decides they need to buy lights that he gets busy, but same could be said for all vendors. Is his customer service the best? I'd say yes based on my own personal experience having dealt with other vendors. If there are any problems, Ray is more than happy to assist and send you the correct/working product you require, often for no or very little cost to cover shipping.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
I learnt my lesson, I went elsewhere for cheaper last year, paid the price and then some. Turns out Ray would have matched the price, ugh. So its definately Ray from me from now on.

plasmadrive

Full time elf
Ray also have the the best customer service after the sale of anyone I have dealt with. I personally hate buying off ebay because if something goes wrong and the vendor says pound sand... sand is what you get.. Ray is sometimes slow at responding to emails, but he always backs his stuff up..
Now that he has a new baby, I am thinking for a few days he might be a bit slower.. ha ha.. But I always order from Ray and I never negotiate a price. I figure he has to feed his family and his prices are fair, especially considering his after sales service.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have used several different vendors over the last couple of years. Often because I have very limited funds i would find someone that sends only 2 or 3 strings with free freight and get them cheap. I did order a few from Ray, and Paul both were good quality. I ordered 1000 leds from another vendor on price alone last year and even though they were as good in lighting quality, the wires coming out the back where they were epoxied in were all over the place. What this means is I cannot use them in a lot of Boscoyo models as they won't stretch far enough. The wire appears also "stiffer" So harder to work with.
I just received an order from Ray, This is the first time I have made a large order from him, I made up a list, the shopping cart did give a discount on shipping, then I contacted Ray and he dropped it even further. The package was boxed within a couple of days and shipped via DHL and it arrived yesterday. Around 1 week!
The quality of the wiring etc is noticeably better than the other cheaper ones from last year.
I will make sure I have the funds to make a large enough order in future.

nato595

Let's do this!
Has anyone purchased pixels from Holiday Coro, any opinions on his quality?
Yes, absolutely! I purchase a lot from HolidayCoro. Not sure who his supplier is, but as a US resident, you can't beat his shipping times, prices, services, and support. He usually does a huge pre-season bulk deal, but for 2017 that has already happened, so you'll probably be paying regular prices now.