Is there a LOR plug and play option?

Hello,
I am new to LOR and in desperate need of some help! I found your email in google search.

I recently purchased a 16 controller and fm transmitter so that I can have a light show. I have spent several hours setting up my display on the LOR software with my home picture and adding lights and what not. Unfortunately after all setup my display is gone. I spent about 4 more hours re adding the display picture. Now i am not sure how to configure any sequences and music I try to add. I am only getting some options to add melody, percussion and so on. but cant change what props I really want.

I am running out of time. Is there a way for me to do a plug and play? Please tell me yes :)

I have the following setup
  • Roof
    • Roof- Plug 1
  • Window Group
    1. Window 1- Plug 2
    2. Window 2- Plug 3
    3. Window 3- Plug 4
    4. Window 4- Plug 5
  • Bush Group
    1. Bush 1- Plug 6
    2. Bush 2 & 3- Plug 7
    3. Bush 4- Plug 8
  • Tree Group
    1. Tree 1- Plug 9
    2. Tree 2- Plug 10
  • Small Tree Group
    1. Small Tree 1- Plug 11
    2. Small Tree 2- Plug 12
    3. Small Tree 3- Plug 13
    4. Small Tree 4- Plug 14
  • Candy Cane Group
    1. Candy Cane 1-6 Plug 15
      1. Candy Cane 2
      2. Candy Cane 3
      3. Candy Cane 2
      4. Candy Cane 4
      5. Candy Cane 5
    2. Candy Cane 7-12 Plug 16
      1. Candy Cane 7
      2. Candy Cane 8
      3. Candy Cane 9
      4. Candy Cane 10
      5. Candy Cane 11
      6. Candy Cane 12

Thank you,
Kristen :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Kristen
Most ACL users and in fact most Christmas lighting users are using Xlights as it's free and has more features than LOR or other sequencers.
Is the 16 output controller an AC, a DC or a pixel controller? This will affect what LOR licence level that you'll need to have. If it's AC or DC then a basic licence will be enough. If it's pixel then these must be pixel props and to get the number of channels you'll need an advanced licence. If you haven't bought a LOR licence then jump straight to Xlights and save your money.
Going by the names I'm guessing that they are actually AC lights on an AC controller. If it is an AC (or DC) controller then you'll have to have a usb dongle and some cat5 patch cable to connect to it.
For ease of use and access to a big userbase I'd recommend ditching your LOR software and going to Xlights. You can actually be up and going in a few minutes especially if you use the resources of the Zoom room linked from the xlights download page.

View: http://videos.xlights.org/201720-xlights-ac-sequencing_a037a1062.html

TerryK

Retired Elf
Hi Kristen, welcome to ACL. As Alan mentioned, a lot of ACL members use xLights. Falcon controllers are also popular. If you have not aleady, I would suggest downloading and reading ACL's 101 Manual.

If you can, to help us help you, perhaps post a couple photos giving us a better idea of what you have purchased.