Issues with Falcon Pi (too flashy)

warsome

Wires? who needs wires!
HI all,
Just thought id make a post here to get the best answer :)
Using a Falcon PI, with two P12R's from j1systems.
I have setup the PI with 24 unicast universe outputs, with upward counting 'first pixel' (set each universe to 150)

I have converted my Sequence files from *.lms to *.fseq
When I play, Everything is VERY flashy, when lights should be a solid 'red' for example they go crazy flashy red.
---
a new problem I have is now after the 'IP announcement' im no longer getting any sound. SO I cant hear the media play. this was working before but has now stopped working.
thanks in Advance
Have I converted the files incorrectly?
Is there a setting I have missed?

kane

Dedicated elf
No idea about Falcon PI, but one thing to check is to make sure there's nothing else on the network spitting out e1.31. Have definitely seen this sort of behaviour when you've got two programs outputting data (eg one is outputting "off", the other is outputting "on", so it flashes between the two.

Habbosrus

Back again
Are you on the latest fpp version? Did you download and install 0.1.2? If you've done that, re-check your universe set up. I had mine wrong initially and had weird flashing too. Are you using .ogg or mp3. The latest fpp uses .ogg files. You can use audacity or something similar to convert. That might help your audio issues. I ran a test with my pi this afternoon and everything went well. I was standing in the front yard controlling the pi with my iPad. I have only put up the big w strings to test with and had a dozen cars slow to crawl to watch the lights flash to the music.

dannyp

Full time elf
Maybe this should go into a different thread, but how do you control the Pi with an IPad?

warsome

Wires? who needs wires!
yes the falcon fourms alerted me to the issue with mp3's
I have fixed the sound issue still having the flashing issue. I didn't even have LOR installed on the laptop I was running on my x-mas network. So not sure what it is, I will re-flash the card with the latest to see if that helps.

Habbosrus

Back again
DannyP said:
Maybe this should go into a different thread, but how do you control the Pi with an IPad?
I have the pi connected to a wireless router and connect through IP address. E131 uses eth0:0
I have only done limited testing but it worked well.