It's all worth while

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have been going mad trying to get my display together this year, I have been busy every weekend through November, so that along with all the other things that crop up and seem to slow your down, I am running behind.
Every day I rush through my work to get the most time I can to put my display together of an afternoon. Then....

I am casually sitting in my sleigh, as one does, checking out the lights on a test sequence and setting the projector up to get it right in the middle of the window for virtual Santa, when along comes a car that stops out the front to check out the lights. The kids are sitting in there commentating on which ones they like and oohs and aahs are in the conversation. When I overhear them saying... We have never seen lights like this before! then 1 kid yells out " we love your lights"
This is all I need to keep going!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Awesome Scamper, It is a great feeling of sense of achievement. Call me what you will, But I also enjoy it when they get out of the car and the kids are dragged away screaming after mum and dad have given them there 10 minutes.

B_P_J

Full time elf
You sound just like me, slugging away trying to get the lights done on time, so much more to do.... great feeling this Christmas is,,,

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
On my opening night, after 3 weeks of building and set backs that no doubt we all have, I had a little bloke looking at my virtual santa... "give him a wave" says my wife, which he did, then perfect timing santa stops looks out the window and waves back....the kid nearly exploded.... the look on his face was priceless, you could hear him still talking about it as they walked away.

As you said scamper, makes it all worth while...

MarcD

Full time elf
We have a group (gang) of the neighbours kids who occupy the sleigh each night from 7pm onwards. Last night I saw this little girl (around three or four) heading toward the sleigh. There were five or six kids in there already, so I asked them to make some room for the girl. The reply came back "But we don't know her". I said "Well, get to know her". I asked her what her name was and she whispered Ariana. I said "Everyone, this is Ariana. Ariana, this is everyone". Within minutes they were all happily playing together.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
I have a virtual Santa, last night i was informed by a knowledgeable young man that my house is where Santa stays when he comes to town... But where is the sleigh?
:D

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
We love the repeat visitors year after year. Watching their familys grow up..some we have only met through the lights. Similarly hearing the comments from new visitors, makes all the hours worthwhile.. It doesn't matter what you do in your display, generally the majority will love it.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
the hard work making this happens makes it all that more rewarding when its all going and making people happy.
I get a tear in my eye when I see my work running for the first time as it gives you that feeling of accomplishment