I've made the commitment, a quick hello for now

Variflex

New elf
Hi all,

Well I have made the commitment to do the Christmas lights and decorations next Christmas, I guess you would see a lot of similar posts this time each year though,

Anywho the plan is to keep it simplish with the intent to engage people to come walk through our yard and enjoy what we have put up, using a combination of lights and wooden cutout style decorations, trying to bring back some of that Christmas feel to out local neighbourhood, it's been very quiet here for sometime now
I would like to make the wooden decorations myself although I will purchase stencilling to do so, combined with lights etc,

A little about me, I'm from Werrington County NSW and enjoy boating and 4wding in our spare time, oh and coffee, I do love a nice coffee.

Anywho I will no doubt be asking plenty of questions and browsing ideas from here forth, (Appolagies for any silly questions, they will happen.)

Cheers
Darren.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
I too have decided to make my lights look somewhat presentable next year and in 4 hours on the chat i learned more from AHH David and i13and a few others than i did from months of research on the WWW and you tube , its good to see such an informed bunch of like minded people well done to all

mborg10

Michael Borg
G'day Darren. I'm just around the corner in claremont meadows and grew up in werrington downs. I'm not sure if you would have seen my display on myrtle rd, hence the name christmas at the Myrtle.
Anyway welcome aboard

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome2.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, lets hope you keep the commitment and work at it now instead of in November when the learning curve is too much for most. So feel free to ask any questions

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL and good luck with it.

You've made the commitment now lets just hope you don't have to be committed like most of the rest of us probably should be !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Darren

First the disclaimer
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

If you haven't found it yet, the new revised 2nd addition AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource for all things RGB and more. :)

Variflex said:
(Appolagies for any silly questions, they will happen.)
The only silly or dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. ;)

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Hey Darren, welcome aboard. I'd say get into chat but you have M locally to get you up the learning curve. Get into chat anyway R

Variflex

New elf
Thanks for all the replays folks and Michael (myrtle) your are part of the reason/inspiration for me being here,

I would like to keep my display relatively simple this year........... With the following intent

White icicle lights across the eves, RGB rope lights across the ridge line of the roof and the same style rope lights on my pathways

Then, some automated cutouts on the lawns, a couple with the faces cutout so as people can stick their melons through for a photo, I do enjoy building things as a former aircraft maintenance engineer and fitter/machinist I do like to tinker.

Now here's where I need to ask a few questions and no doubt these questions have been asked before perhaps if someone could link me to a thread it would be greatly appreciated,

I would like to sync all the rope lights so as they change colours simultaneously, I.e. Changing to the same colours at the same times and this is where I require some assistance if possible

Thanks in advance,
Cheers Darren