J1SYS ECG-P12R asking for a password (that I do not know) any help appreciated!!!

Streetrodder

New elf
I was trying to get my show up and running and my ECG-P12R is asking for a password which I did not think I had added a password to, I thought I had just put Admin and left the password blank, or admin and password blank. This is not working now, does any one have a fix or a way to reset this thing?

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
If you have set a password and can not remember it you can access the info through the bootloader via usb.
"switch 1 AND 2 up, reset, and then it will let you into the bootloader (j1UBL) without checking password. Then you can edit the XML and see the password or delete it"

But otherwise Admin is admin and password is blank.

Streetrodder

New elf
Ok, I was able to get into the controller, but now Light-O-Rama is not controlling the lights. We have not done our show for a couple of years and I guess I have become old and completely forgetful! We were trying to get back into this and if I remember correctly the ECG-P12R just connects to our router or does it plug into the LOR dongle in the 2nd slot the same way the LOR controllers work. I'm sorry I just do not remember! If I can get through this season we will be looking into other options. Again any help is still greatly appreciated!!!!

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The ECG-P12R is an Ethernet input device, so plugs into you network. Do not plug it into a LOR dongle.

As for LOR software, I have no idea sorry.