J1SYS ECG-P2

lkcoons

New elf
I have been waiting for weeks now for all my new toys to arrive (ECG-P2, WS2811 pixel strips, power supplies). Finally everything is here and I am happy to report I now have "Blinky" lights. All connected to the LOR S3 software I already owned.

I would like to thank everyone here for all the information I have read over the last month that helped me through the few glitches I encountered.

The one thing I still haven't figured out is the XML Config file on my ECG-P2. When I click on the XML Config page it shows the config file like this:

<network e131=&apos;1&apos; ubl=&apos;1&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;1&apos; act=&apos;1&apos; type=&apos;WS2811&apos; speed=&apos;3000&apos; univ=&apos;1&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;50&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;2&apos; act=&apos;1&apos; univ=&apos;2&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;100&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;3&apos; act=&apos;1&apos; univ=&apos;3&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;100&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;4&apos; act=&apos;1&apos; univ=&apos;4&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;100&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;5&apos; type=&apos;WS2811&apos; speed=&apos;3200&apos; univ=&apos;5&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;150&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;6&apos; univ=&apos;6&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;100&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;7&apos; univ=&apos;7&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;100&apos;/>
<string num=&apos;8&apos; univ=&apos;8&apos; slotstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;100&apos;/>
<effect num=&apos;1&apos; suf=&apos;A&apos; act=&apos;1&apos; pixstart=&apos;1&apos; pixcount=&apos;50&apos; rgbconv=&apos;GBR&apos; null=&apos;0&apos; repeat=&apos;0&apos;/>

This gives a config parse error when submitted. I know enough about XML files to know that looked a little strange. I copied the data to notepad and replaced all of the "&apos;" with "'" and then pasted back into the ECG-P2's web browser. Ending up with this:

<network e131='1' ubl='1'/>
<string num='1' act='1' type='WS2811' speed='3000' univ='1' slotstart='1' pixcount='50'/>
<string num='2' act='1' univ='2' slotstart='1' pixcount='100'/>
<string num='3' act='1' univ='3' slotstart='1' pixcount='100'/>
<string num='4' act='1' univ='4' slotstart='1' pixcount='100'/>
<string num='5' type='WS2811' speed='3200' univ='5' slotstart='1' pixcount='150'/>
<string num='6' univ='6' slotstart='1' pixcount='100'/>
<string num='7' univ='7' slotstart='1' pixcount='100'/>
<string num='8' univ='8' slotstart='1' pixcount='100'/>
<effect num='1' suf='A' act='1' pixstart='1' pixcount='50' rgbconv='GBR' null='0' repeat='0'/>

This compiles without any errors. Not a big issue but just wondered why I had to go through the extra steps

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The XML confrig is mainly used for backing up your configuration, its generally not used for setting up as the web interface is used for that.

Not sure why you got that in your xml config

lkcoons

New elf
Yes I originally set it up with the web interface, but being the curious IT guy that I am I had to examine the XML as I had seen on one of the tutorial videos. After I did I started getting the XML config file error on the main web page. Any way it is working now and if I ever have any future problems I know how to fix it. Thanks again for all the great info provided here.