J1sys Enclosure feedback

Raven1708

New elf
I just finished putting together an enclosure from stuff I picked up at the local home Depot. Just trying to get some feedback or any suggestion of what else I might need to do to make sure it will function properly. I will have it mounted on the side of the house in the middle of where everything goes. I also made sure that the case is water sealed all around.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 84

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
With 2 350W supplies in the enclosure there will be a fair amount of heat within the box if they are running at anything resembling full load. At the absolute minimum the 2 vents will have to be 1 higher than the other so that there is natural convection flow of the hot air out of the box. If you were lighting up in Aussie at Xmas when the ambient temp is likely to be around 30C I'd say that you must have fan forced air leaving the box. Depending on where you are in the US you might get away with just having the frigid Winter temps. A fan doesn't have to move a whole lot of air to make a massive change in the air temp inside an enclosure.

Mm

Silent elf
Would the inlets pointing up in the air invite the rain in to the box? Not sure if it's going to be a dry place in the middle of your display.

Raven1708

New elf
Mm said:
Would the inlets pointing up in the air invite the rain in to the box? Not sure if it's going to be a dry place in the middle of your display.

The inlets will be pointing down. Going to go pick up a couple of 12v fans today and install for better circulation. Temps here are around 40-70.