JEC,MPH open source pixel Board

Rob

New elf
Well I would like to thank you all for your help tonight in chat. I found the problem I was having, turns out they dont like being clocked at 5mhz. changed that and all is good. Mrpackethead was kinda cracking on my code, it is a rough draft I will do a final refined code. There is a delay that keeps the clock line low for >750us you just have to look for it. The dmx recieve code is in a isr at the end of recieving 512 packet plus start code it set a flag that flag will let the main code run, the flag is then set again when it recieves the dmx break.

I have included the rough draft code right now it gives 1 string individual control of the first five pixels then repeats for the rest of the string. i will do one for first 6 nodes and repeat for the rest of the string and full 168 node.

Thanks for your help
Rob

Attachments

• 18f2610_ws2801.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 24

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Im not quite sure what you mean by "cracking on your code", and i'd just said i'd had a cursory quick look at it..

FYI, there are a few PCB's for this project floating around, if anyone wants some and now you have some open source code that you and copy paste and mess with..

Im glad you've got things going though.

Rob

New elf
maybe you were talking about something else in chat. it is like listening to 4 diffrent conversations at the same time .
on another note I can not belive I missed that. I will Have something better together by the end of the weekend with better comments in the code.

Rob