Just a follow up idea i had for roof tile mounting

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
And the verticals on the side of the house were my top hat spans, attached using the below brick clamps from Amazon. No drilling required and again take down of lights is seconds.
That variation looks cool! I've only seen Brick Clips that have a fixed brick height.

I make my own with thin bit of sheet metal. Plenty strong enough for lights.

I wish i could use these. My brick have flat morter. Morter running to the edge of the brick...................
I'll deviate off OPs thread to share this for you.
Is there any gap above the bricks you could use?
Like mentioned in this video from @BradsXmasLights ?:

Puddsa

New elf
Ive also used these brackets to mount my snowflakes on the roof. Again just cable tie prop to and seconds to take down.

Attachments

• IMG20210219104655.jpg
    IMG20210219104655.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 32

algerdes

Al Gerdes
For my curiosity, what material is your roof made of. I know what it looks like in the picture (cement), but that would require one heck of a structure holding it up if it is.

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
For my curiosity, what material is your roof made of. I know what it looks like in the picture (cement), but that would require one heck of a structure holding it up if it is.

looks like standard roof tiles that are used in the majority of domestic builds in Australia. Concrete, slate and clay being the most common. Colorbond steel is very common in modern style homes.

you would be surprised at the light gauge timber they use to build homes that hold up those concrete tiles. Plenty of engineering is put into it. Anyway, great ideas on roof mounting in this thread.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
Thanks for the info.
I was thinking how nice these mounts fit the material. Since we are mostly plywood with asphalt shingle covering, not too much of a possibility of using a mount like that here. :confused: Dang.

Shane G

New elf
Generous elf
Yes it is, Cement tiles are common for Austraila your average house would have about 15 to 20 ton of tiles this is why most here dont have atics up in the roof space as it is full of trusses at 600mm centers (2 Feet).

algerdes

Al Gerdes
So then, where do you hide all your Christmas stuff during the off season? :cool:
No need to answer. But it is an interesting item - cement roofs. Wow.