Just a little teaser of what will be 2013

Skunberg

Full time elf
Can't wait for live video of your show. Make sure to get daylight shots of the awesome megatree.

angus40

Senior elf
Skunberg said:
Can't wait for live video of your show. Make sure to get daylight shots of the awesome megatree.

You and me both :) as I am doubling the size for this year .
I will also be using an unorthadox method of keeping the pixel straight and uniform

angus40

Senior elf
I will be using clear vinyl-rubber hosing , as it is flexible ,yet rigid enough to maintain pixel spacing.
I will split it in 1/2 bore the holes and tie to my existing string setup .
This will cure the straightness issue without adding bulkto the strings over all diameter or obscurity to the trees core.

Once i have 1 done _tried tested and proven , I will upload photos and a how to .

I do not want conduit of any sort I like the design of my tree and it is my belief the the strings look much better
with the natural tree appearence.
Conduit trees mask the core of the tree and look more like a wall rather than a tree .
My thinking is the strings should have a slight inward bow to look natural and not
like a out of the box or manufactured tree so to speak.
Purely my opinion and liking.

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Very cool idea.
Was thinking along similar lines as it should also give some diffusion of lights between nodes without blocking the rear nodes from view totally.
I am however sticking to vinyl coated steel cable for this year as I already had that available.
Waiting in anticipation to observe your efforts.

dariansdad

New elf
angus40 said:
I will be using clear vinyl-rubber hosing , as it is flexible ,yet rigid enough to maintain pixel spacing.
I will split it in 1/2 bore the holes and tie to my existing string setup .
This will cure the straightness issue without adding bulkto the strings over all diameter or obscurity to the trees core.

Once i have 1 done _tried tested and proven , I will upload photos and a how to .

I do not want conduit of any sort I like the design of my tree and it is my belief the the strings look much better
with the natural tree appearence.
Conduit trees mask the core of the tree and look more like a wall rather than a tree .
My thinking is the strings should have a slight inward bow to look natural and not
like a out of the box or manufactured tree so to speak.
Purely my opinion and liking.

Will be interested in seeing the photos and how to. Thanks