Just for Ryan - "World's Best" Christmas Lights (messages on hold)

Karob

Let there be Light!
Worlds best christmas lights or worlds biggers advertising spin!

I think the only thing he blew up is the size of his ego.

Other displays get the same foot traffic that he gets without all the publicity and without the need to mention his light supplier, his lolly supplier and the trades people he hires for a week to prepare his show.

When I saw that he has shut down his display for due to concerns over safety I was thinking it was due to complaints from neighbours and not a decision made by himself for interests of the community.

kane

Dedicated elf
Karob said:
When I saw that he has shut down his display for due to concerns over safety I was thinking it was due to complaints from neighbours and not a decision made by himself for interests of the community.
My theory is that this was his plan all along. He's already got about the maximum coverage that he can ever expect, so shutting it down means that he doesn't have to deal with the actual lights anymore - he can just run with the exposure. Obviously different motivations are at play here, compared to us humble chrissy light obsessives!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
For a start how can he claim to be the worlds best Christmas Lights when Australia's best are at Sinnamon Lights. Sure Geoff may not have posted a video yet but i think he's probably deserving of the title in perpetuity. Maybe he is living in his own little world ;)

Henedce

Apprentice elf
Just to chip in .
Do you do it to be the best or do you do it to watch the smiles on kids(big and small) faces as they watch your show ?

I know what my answer is :)

kane

Dedicated elf
Henedce said:
Just to chip in .
Do you do it to be the best or do you do it to watch the smiles on kids(big and small) faces as they watch your show ?

I know what my answer is :)
Mine too.. And to be honest, puts a damn big smile on my own face!!

burner

Full time elf
So am I the only one you received the below email from them? I was thinking how on earth this guy got my email address, which is different to the one listed on ACL? I did actually think it was a little smug that the logo was posted on his clip and chuckled to myself when he boasted they were his lights while watching the qty of people doing the work for him. The 21,000 LEDs and decorations I'm running at my place were all put up over 2 months by me with some help from my wife (as I'm sure most of you have done).
Perhaps someone from ACL should 'inform' the media of what's really going on? I can't believe they aired this with his advertising. In the words of Darren Hinch, Shame, Shame, Shame.
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Brian

Every year I produce a synchronised Christmas lights display to raise money for community projects.

I want you to be among the first to see this year's video - Amazing Perth Christmas Lights 2012 "Gangnam Style".
It'll knock your socks off!
Click here to watch on youtube >>>
[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
LIKE the video on facebook >>>

Share on social: Facebook Twitter

Regards[/font]
[/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Kym Illman | Managing Director
W: [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://links.messagesonholdaustrali...DMxNzQ1MDc0NwS2&b=0&j=NTkxOTM4NjUS1&mt=1&rt=0MessagesOnHold.com.au
P: 08 9260 4400 F: 08 9260 4546[/font][/t][/t]
[/t]
[/t][/t][/t]
[/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Amazing Perth Christmas Lights 2012 "Gangnam Style" is by the same team that brought you:
* WorldsGreatestBusinessMind.com
* FrameYourMate.com.au
* aSportingPhenomenon.com
* Australia2010.com.au
[/font]
[size=10pt]

Robbo

Full time elf
Kane you should send him a reply and with a link to this thread informing him of all the publicity he is getting LOL

kane

Dedicated elf
Robbo said:
Kane you should send him a reply and with a link to this thread informing him of all the publicity he is getting LOL
We're small fry compared to the 500,000+ views he's getting on youtube!

(I didn't actually receive the email though - that was Brian/burner)

burner

Full time elf
I received it on the 26th of November. I was just curious how he got my email address.

Robbo

Full time elf
Kane said:
Robbo said:
We're small fry compared to the 500,000+ views he's getting on youtube!

(I didn't actually receive the email though - that was Brian/burner)

ahh yes so it was LOL

burner

Full time elf
Kane said:
burner said:
I received it on the 26th of November. I was just curious how he got my email address.

You should contact him and ask that - he may be in breach of spam legislation by emailing you without consent...
Have just emailed him now. I just automatically assumed it was Kane's place, LOL, and didn't say anything.

kane

Dedicated elf
burner said:
Have just emailed him now. I just automatically assumed it was Kane's place, LOL, and didn't say anything.
Hahahha. Nah, I just posted it on here, as in the past Ryan hasn't been the biggest fan of Kim's display.. I think it was mainly due to the fact that he won a "residential" award from LOR for his display, when obviously his isn't your typical hobbyist display - donated cherry pickers to setup the tree, sparkies that do a lot of the hookups, IT guy to do a lot of the sequencing, etc.

I think at various times in the year, many of us would like to sub in someone else to help though!