1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Keep Alive settings for ECG-D2 ?

Discussion in 'EthConGateway by Joshua 1 Systems' started by JPB, Oct 5, 2012.

1. JPB

JPB Full Time Elf

Does anyone have recomended settings for the Keep Alive parameters in an ECG-D2?
    I have a couple of the Mini Protocol decoders from Ray Wu and they output a slow colour fade when not receiving a DMX stream. I need to keep the DMX stream active all the time to keep the pixels turned off except when I want them on.

I have used the "suck it and see" principle and have found a combination of values that appear to work but am interested in what someone who knows what they are doing uses?

Jon

2. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I actually have mine set at at the same refresh rate at DMX so off the top of my head it was 25ms (it has been a while since i looked at the DR4 config). The reason for this is because of the LOR controllers I have running in DMX. If the dmx signal is dropped then there is a small delay befor the signal is picked up again as the LOR controller will then have to see if its a DMX or LOR signal being resent.

I also did this with the cheap Ray pixel controller

3. kane

kane Dedicated Elf

Find Me On:
    I also use a couple of those decoders, and my DR4 is set to 200ms for keepalive, and that seemed to work fine last year.

I don't know if there are any disadvantages of setting a more frequent keepalive (like Eddy's 25ms suggestion), but certainly I don't think that it'd be necessary to have it that frequent - any decoders will wait much longer than this before kicking into a test sequence.

4. OP
    OP
    JPB

JPB Full Time Elf

thanks gents, I was on the right track :)