Laptops and xlights

924aussie

Full time elf
Message to self, when using laptop make sure screen is maximised

Went to do something new in xlights and it just didn't want to play the game on the laptop, went back to PC and it worked fine .

Even went through the basic tutorial , got to the part where it says :
Add music phrases to the sequence, number 24, click on insert row 3 times. We will insert three rows of timing marks.

Not a thing happens ...., went back to PC and it works, back to laptop still not working, then for some strange reason I decided to maximise the screen ... And there it is all fixed. The penny dropped and I think i remember doing the exact same thing ages ago .

Hopefully I won't forget again, operator error :rolleyes:

smeighan

Dedicated elf
because of lower resolution laptops we will be redesigning the ui next year. windows will be undockable, we will support multiple monitors, each window will be able to be resized, windows can be hidden, effect1 and 2 will be tabbed (as an option).

i use a desktop HP pavillion for developing and run my 24,000 channels on a raspberry pi. Th pi player has been awesome. no lag, update songs on the fly while the show is running, run the software through a browser window on my phone. dave pitts and crew did such an awesome job.

we will work to make the ui better for xlights next year.