Last show tonight...

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Oh we'll, looks like tonight will be the last night for my Xmas light display. The remnant of cyclone Evan (now a deep low) is due to hit early tomorrow morning so tonight at turn off time, I'm going to try and bring in as much as possible before the torrential downpour and the 30+ knot winds arrive which will plague us here at least through to Boxing Day if not longer.
But it's been a fun introduction to the world of musical blinking lights.
Looking forward to next years display when I hope to get into pixels so hope to pick a few of the many brainy brains on this forum over the next twelve months.
Merry Christmas all.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Well after the last visitor left last night, my wife and I shut the gates at 11:45pm and set to work bringing in lights, props, inflatables until 1:30am. This morning the rains still hadn't arrived so worked frantically until 2pm today and everything is in the garage, dry and away from the rains that are soon to arrive. Winds are up so now I can relax that things aren't going to be wrecked in the bad weather. ( of course the garage now looks like a bomb site!)

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
Sorry to hear of the bad weather. Please be safe and keep us posted. Maybe they got it wrong and you'll be back running tomorrow :

logandc99

Dedicated elf
They kind of got it wrong, which is a good thing really. They issued a weather warning forecasting gale force winds, possible flooding and torrential rain. Instead we have it a bit breezy with drizzle. Looks like the worst of it got pushed over the top part of the country instead. But everything is packed away in the garage now. Better to be safe than sorry.
Just felt a bit bad about the people that turned up outside the gate last night waiting for the lights to come on. :-{

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Shame about the incorrect weather warning. Glad it wasnt as bad as expexted for you and everyone and everything is safe for another year

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
We had the opposite for Christmas eve, no real warning of bad weather until late in the afternoon and so it poured down rain from the beginning to the end of the Christmas eve show as the storm front moved through. Really dampened the whole nights fetsiveties with no foot traffic and us getting drenched managing all the extra traffic caused by people not coming on foot.