1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

LED the size of a pixel but more light intensity?

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by Toni, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Toni

Toni New Elf

Hi,

Is there anything available in a pixel node type size form that is far brighter?

Looking to make a xmas tree topper with engraved acrylic on it. The WS2811 12mm pixels simply don't put out enough light.

2. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    What sort of control do you plan on using for it. There's super bright white leds around but they need a dedicated driver for them or depending on how the topper is to be built you could possibly use something like the 120led/metre strip and cut and join it to fill in the space. The strip could be modeled as a single pixel or alternately configured like the seizure stars that some people create.

3. OP
    OP
    Toni

Toni New Elf

Most basic controller, still trying to figure out what exactly.

Thought about cutting up some strip lighting. Is the light intensity much better compared to the pixels though?

4. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    Virtually all the individual leds in nodes or strips are going to be about the same brightness. By going to 120led/metre you can get a lot of leds into a small space.