Answered LED's don't match my XLights preview

GesWho69

New elf
Hi all, I'm a total newbie here and I've been trying literally for weeks to get something simple working :)
I have a test board of 10 strips of LED's with 30 pixels per strip. The LED's all work fine. In FPP test mode, all LED's light and chase correctly.

I then loaded up XLights and set up the matrix (this took a disgusting amount of time to get right) and finally got it so the wiring diagram was correct.
Uploaded it to FPP and ran it.

The colours are wrong, I expected red/white, but got blue/white. (The test chase mode looked fine with RGB)
The layout isn't even close.
I'm including screens of the matrix properties in XLights, the wiring diagram (since it's exactly what I have) the Marquee in the sequence and an actual photo of what occurs (The lights do change per the marquee)

Any pointers?

Attachments

• MatrixIssue_Properties.png
    MatrixIssue_Properties.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 16
  • MatrixIssue_ActualResults.jpg
    MatrixIssue_ActualResults.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 14
  • MatrixIssue_Sequence.png
    MatrixIssue_Sequence.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 15
  • MatrixIssue_Wiring.png
    MatrixIssue_Wiring.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 15

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
What controller are you using and how is it setup? I recently started to play with some P10 panels for a matrix and think I had a similar problem. I'm using a Pi 3b+ with a Hanson rpi-p10 hat on it running fpp version 5. i was able to configure FPP for the panels and they tested properly. but for some reason could not preview the effects from xLights to FPP. I can preview or directly run effects to my wled/pixie sticks without an issue. It seems I do not know how to send directly from xLights to the matrix using the lightbulb.

I created a simple sequence for the matrix and saved it. I then used the tools - FPP connect to upload it to the FPP controller and tested it directly fromt he controller. The sequence worked as expected running from the controller. You can give it a try to see if it works that way.

Dean

GesWho69

New elf
What controller are you using and how is it setup? I recently started to play with some P10 panels for a matrix and think I had a similar problem. I'm using a Pi 3b+ with a Hanson rpi-p10 hat on it running fpp version 5. i was able to configure FPP for the panels and they tested properly. but for some reason could not preview the effects from xLights to FPP. I can preview or directly run effects to my wled/pixie sticks without an issue. It seems I do not know how to send directly from xLights to the matrix using the lightbulb.

I created a simple sequence for the matrix and saved it. I then used the tools - FPP connect to upload it to the FPP controller and tested it directly fromt he controller. The sequence worked as expected running from the controller. You can give it a try to see if it works that way.

Dean
Thanks for the resposne, I'm running on a new to market controller out of Canada. A CPC-8DL-PB running FPP 4.6.1. from Canada Pixel Coro. (This is a Pocket Beagle board).
In XLights I ONLY have the one Matrix set up and only the Marquee effect sent to that model.

Your second paragraph is exactly how I'm testing it. Directly on the controller as a Standalone.

In FPP I'm a little suspect of those settings, but have been unable to determine if its wrong or right. Since I get so many LED's lit further down the board, I was hopeful.
I've included some FPP screenshots in case it helps.

Attachments

• MatrixIssue_E131UNiverse.png
    MatrixIssue_E131UNiverse.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 3
  • MatrixIssue_FPP_PixelOverlay.png
    MatrixIssue_FPP_PixelOverlay.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 3
  • MatrixIssue_FPP_CHannelOutputs.png
    MatrixIssue_FPP_CHannelOutputs.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 3

GesWho69

New elf
I think I see the problem. Can you post a closeup pic of the strip? looks like its 3leds per pixel, so less pixels than you were expecting.
Yes it is 3 chip.
1628690428902.png

Attachments

• pixell.jpg
    pixell.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 7

Cranzy

Full time elf
As Kate mentioned, it looks like 1 pixel per 3 leds .. so in xlights set it to 100 pixels. 1 Pixel IC drives 3 leds.

GesWho69

New elf
OK thank you, that's a heck of a lot closer!
In the model preview, it now shows as '10 x 10' whereas it is 30 pixels wide. Which probably explains why the border is 3 pixels wide. How can I make the border 1 pixel wide.

1628690894801.png

Cranzy

Full time elf
1 pixel drives 3 leds.. so you cannot set 1 led only. not with those strip.

the strip you have is not RGB but BGR then, in xlights, for that prop, under String Properties, you will see String Type is RGB Nodes .. set that to BGR Nodes.

abundy

Full time elf
Color issue might be because the leds are not RGB, but BRG.
I have some strip that worked out like that.
Not sure you can have that border only turn on 1 led, as when the IC is addressed it will light the 3 leds it controls.
You would probably need 2812 strip which contains 1 IC/led if you want to only light up one led.

GesWho69

New elf
OOooooo... I get it. Yes, 1 IC and then 3 LED's.

OK, that solves it then - I got it back to red and answered the question.

YOU FOLKS ROCK!

Thank you SO SO much, it is truly appreciated.

Graham
1628692755691.png