Length of Pixel strings

Chrisekert

New elf
Hi Guys , trying to work out the amount of pixels required to complete gable and house verticals. Can anyone tell me the rough length a 50 pixel string will cover at the recommended pixel gap for gables ?

hope that make sense ...

TerryK

Retired Elf
Depends quite a bit on expected viewing distance. For most individuals as Kate mentioned, 2 inch spacing. Holiday Coro had a viewing distance chart at one time that tried to determine pixel spacing relative to viewing distance; do not know if they still have it on their web site. Drive levels and any diffusing play a role too so it becomes somewhat of a best guess.

bpratt

Senior elf
my roofline spacing is 90mm.

seems a long way apart until you realise that my house is more than 100m from the road.

Why 90mm and not 100mm or more ? ..... pixel spacing is normally 100mm, and I can make them fit in to my drilled electrical conduit. :)

Chrisekert

New elf
There's a slight bit of English/metric confusion here I think.

I am going to probably catch a bit of flak with this but 50 pixels at 2 inch spacing gives a length of 98 inch (from the very 1st to the very last pixel). The 98 inch converted to metric is slightly less than 2.5 meter.
Perfect that’s what I needed ! Thankyou all

i13

Dedicated elf
When ordering directly from suppliers, it is usually possible to ask for whatever spacing you want. Just keep in mind that the suppliers tend not to get it perfect. For example, the supplier might cut the wires to length before inserting them into a bullet shaped node. Some of the wire length is within the node itself so the spacing between them might be shorter than you asked for.