LEST WE FORGET

Habbosrus

Back again
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET

So many courageous souls. So many innocent lives lost.
To all who serve and who have served,
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
In memory of fallen soldiers past and present we will honor your memory and never forget your sacrafice. Never above you, never below you, always beside you. Lest we forget.

RIP my brothers and sisters.

barbotte

Apprentice elf
anyone can explain to me why we doing the less we forget ??as it is usualy done on the 11 november ...
thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
barbotte said:
anyone can explain to me why we doing the less we forget ??as it is usualy done on the 11 november ...
thanks

The 11th of November is to remember all those fallen in battle, but its significance is more to do with world war1 when on the 11th hour and 11th day of the 11 month the guns went silent as that was the end of WW1

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
ANZAC day, yesterday for us now, is our national day of rememberence for the Australian, New Zealand Army Corps. It was originally for Gallipoli but basically now remembers all those who have fallen in all the wars, operations and peacekeeping missions, and well as remembering those who survived the same.

Nov 11th is Rememberance/Armistice/Veterans Day and is held on the day WW1 ended (Actually the war oficially ended June the following year when the treaty was signed). We hold a minutes silence here at 11am that day and it's not a public holiday, unlike ANZAC day, which is.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
The term Lest we Forget is actually from a prayer which basically requests the lord to spare us, or to pay hommage to the sacrifice of our Christ.

It has been encrusted into many a poem and commemorative speeches with the ideal view to remember those who have also paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect us.

Lest we Forget is not used for any particular day or service, it is a statement used to say "We honor all people who have fought and died for our way of life"

The 11th November is Remembrance Day or Armistice day, this marks the end of World War 1, but again, it also commemorates and recognises those who have, who do and who will continue to fight for our freedoms.

barbotte

Apprentice elf
i knew about the 11 nov i was just wondering why in the last few days your guys were saying it ..i was not aware your guys were celbrating it also this week ... thank for the info

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
yeah, Australians and New Zealanders were commemorating the landing at Gallipoli (in turkey) back in 1915.

This is our biggest national memorial day of the year which commemorates an event that whilst well planned was poorly executed by those in control of us.

Even though the high negatives of the battle, the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp (ANZAC) proved their worth by overcoming the hell that had been thrust against them by demonstrating their fierce attributes and dedication to "Getting the job done" which embedded a powerful legacy of the ANZAC legend.

Read more here if you are interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_day