Light Test

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by bdt, Sep 24, 2013.

1. bdt

bdt Apprentice Elf

Find Me On:
    Ok I know this is a crazy questions but I Just got my shipment from Ray. I’m excited to see the strips work but I don’t have everything ready to be connected. Is there any way to test them using only a power supply without connecting a controller, can I simulate the data line?
    [SIZE=78%]http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5m-one-roll-5050-SMD-30LEDs-m-led-strip-waterproof-by-silicon-tubing-and-coating-RGB/329544925.html[/SIZE]

[SIZE=78%]http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/701799_568458133.html[/SIZE]

2. jcmarksafb

jcmarksafb Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona

The 5050 strings can be connected up to a psu without a controller. The ws2811's have to have a controller to operate. There is no way to simulate the data line.

3. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    The dumb strip yes, as all you need to do is just supply power to the strip directly from a power supply. Remember that the common (black) wire will go to the +V of the power supply and the other coloured wires goto the -V of your power supply, you can connect individual wires to check each colour. It wont damage the LED if you get this around the wrong way, all it will do is just not work.

As far as the digital strip is concerned , then without a controller then you will not be able to test these as they require data to turn on.

4. OP
    OP
    bdt

bdt Apprentice Elf

Find Me On:
    thanks guys, on my way to test them!

5. Charl Marais

Charl Marais For my twins was the excuse I started with.

Find Me On: