Lights always on

dannyp

Full time elf
Hi I have some pixels hooked up to a SRX1 and the pixels automatically come on all white even with Xlights not loaded and the controller not in test mode. There is nothing going out to the pixel from any software or hardware, yet as soon as power is applied to the SRX1, the pixels come on all white. This is only happening from the first port. When in test mode from the smart receiver, it looks fine and it goes through the colour change as expected. When I hook up another set of lights to the first port, they behave the same (all white). Does anyone have any ideas as i am all out of them?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Is the SRX1 in smart or dumb mode? If the latter, is it connected to the falcon which is set to Smart mode?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hmm, I have a few receivers that randomly light up pixels when turned on. I just send it some data and they all turn off.

dannyp

Full time elf
Yes I tried that, but they stay on. Even after I power down the controller, as soon as it comes back up, bam - the lights come on again. Only started doing it today and i didn't change anything from last week

dannyp

Full time elf
I feel stupid. I found the issue, the Cat 5 cable wasnt plugged in properly and it must have been sending errant messages. Once I pushed it in, it all works fine. Thanks for the help Skymaster and hopefully this helps someone else with the same problem.

Iain

Full time elf
I feel stupid. I found the issue, the Cat 5 cable wasnt plugged in properly and it must have been sending errant messages. Once I pushed it in, it all works fine. Thanks for the help Skymaster and hopefully this helps someone else with the same problem.
Funny I had a CAT5 not plugged in properly yesterday, it was making all the lights do a weird marquee effect. Strangely the two spots on the same receiver were working perfectly. It’s a good reminder to go over the basics regularly.