Lights freezing

grahami2006

Full time elf
Hi This is my first year with blinky and have had no problems with Vixen until I set up a program.
What happens is that I have set the program to run say continuously from 7:30 until 8PM. The program is approximately 3 minutes long made up of three sequences.. After the first run and the start of the next the lights freeze however the sequence is still running on the computer. It does not matter which sequences I use the same thing happens each time.
Any help would be appreciated.

JPB

Full time elf
You could try a few things
Reboot the computer, I find this fixes lots of Vixen issues.
Make sure you are not using cross fades between sequences
Are you using a Profile or "Each Sequences Plugin".
When you schedule the Program, are you telling it to "Repeat Until xxxx" not every xx minutes
Try and create a new program, and restart Vixen before you try and schedule it.

Jon

grahami2006

Full time elf
JPB said:
You could try a few things
Reboot the computer, I find this fixes lots of Vixen issues.
Make sure you are not using cross fades between sequences
Are you using a Profile or "Each Sequences Plugin".
When you schedule the Program, are you telling it to "Repeat Until xxxx" not every xx minutes
Try and create a new program, and restart Vixen before you try and schedule it.

Jon
I am using each sequence plugin. Is this correct. All the others I have ftried except restarting Vixen after I have created a program. Will try that today.
Thanks

JPB

Full time elf
The other thing is which version of vixen?
2.5 is notoriously troublesome. I used it for years without issue but last year it kept playing up and now I think about it it may have been similar to your issues.

This year I am playing my vixen sequences through XLights software. Easy to do and works like a dream. It is on one of the US forums, not DIYC but you will find links to it there.

Jon