Lights not showing up in visualiser

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Was finishing of a new piece today and I noticed that some effects I have in the last second (0.8 seconds if you want to be precise) of the sequence do not show on visualiser. Both lights that don't show are on for 0.3 seconds so I should be able to see them. These lights show up earlier so I know the channels are configured correctly. What concerns me is that I added time to the sequence in LOR (can't remember how much now) and this is the part where the lights don't show. The lights that don't show are lor AC controller channels. I have some other rgb channels that are showing within the added section so that indicates that it may be alright.

I guess the only way I'll know for sure is to hook the lights up and see. Has anybody else had this issue. Maybe it's common for the last lights not to show in visualiser and I just haven't noticed it. I haven't done anything with lights changing near the end of any of my other sequences.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Out of curiosity if you drop the playback speed to 1/2 or 1/4 does the error last 2 or 4 times as long?

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I forgot to mention that I did play it at slow speed to make sure I wasn't missing the lights coming on. I just did again then to make sure and when I use the playback speed of 1/4 you can see the cursor moving across the screen and then it disappears at the point where the original song ended. I guess that means the issue is a problem with the extra time I added to the sequence. Might have to add the time in audacity, create a new sequence and copy over my work to the new sequence.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I vaguely recall that there has been issues in the past with sequencers and mp3 files that are variable bit rate. Might be worth checking to see if the song is using variable or fixed bit rate.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Alan. It is a recording I did using audacity with the kids and a microphone. It says the sample rate is 32 bit float and the set rate is 44100 Hz. Not sure either of these things are what you are chasing but I don't know where to find bit rate in audacity. Pretty sure I bought it in as a .wav file if that makes any difference.

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
Just simulated the same with one of my sequences. It seems to be a 'feature' of LOR where if you extend a .lms sequence the bar stops at the end of the music file. If you extend a .las sequences it works fine.

What I would suggest, is take the original wav file you made and extend it with Audacity. The extension should be at the end and could be silence if you want. Then save as new file and change the media file in your LOR .lms sequence. The overall timing should change to the new media file and your sequence should be as it was.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Gareth for spending the time to confirm what is going on. I figured I needed to do what you suggested.

Now my only problem is I can't work out how to add to the end of the song in audacity. I can copy a quiet piece from within the song and paste it on the end but I figured there must be a way to just extend the song. I know it's going be simple but has anybody got any tips on how to extend the song in audacity.

Thanks

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Just had another attempt this morning. I worked out that I can go to the generate menu and generate an appropriate amount of silence. I have done this now. and the song is long enough.

What I still can't do in audacity is work out how to select a set position with the cursor to get the start point for where I want to generate the gap. In this instance it didn't matter as there was a little period of silence at the end and I just selected a spot in the middle.

So there are two things I would like to know how to do.

1) work out exactly how long a song is in audacity.
2) tell audacity that I want to start inserting at a set time marker (eg type in the time to get the start point).

I've got a suspicion I'm now in for some more video watching.

Thanks