1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Lights on Parkview 2012 set up

Discussion in 'How is my display put together...' started by Karob, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Karob

Karob Let there be Light!

Find Me On:
    Hi All
    After using only LOR AC boards over the last 2 years I am looking to expand my show to include dumb RGB 5v strings and maybe sell off all my AC gear.
    What I need is to confirm what is inside my head will actually work, what I plan to do is to purchase a ECG-D2 to convert E1.31 to dmx and split the 2 universes over the yard and include a collection of Rays 3ch dmx modules to power my 5v dumb RGB strings.
    This is where I run into trouble, what is the best way to hook these modules up to each other as there is not a data in and out port.
    Any help working this out would be appreciated as for once I am looking to get organised well and truly before November like most years.

2. SmartAlecLights

SmartAlecLights Im a SmartAlec what can i say! Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    you just have to may a Y connection to make the in an out.. just make sure the Y connection to the controller is very very short under 20cm max, 5-10cm even better
    david at holliday coro did a video of them with his coro stars
    hope that helps..
    PS get to bed..lol