Lights on the Ridge - 2014 Show

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
This year I chose to sequence using Vixen3 instead of LSP. Mainly due to the addition of 3 singing faces to my display. Also as LSP's import feature is well more a hindrance than a feature, it meant I had to sequence the entire show in Vixen and I also chose to run my show using a Raspberry Pi and the FPP.
From switch on to switch off (tonight) I have not had one issue with the Pi or the player. Well done Falcon Pi Player people!

This year also saw a reduction in maintenance during the show. I initially had to replace about 10 Pixels on the tree straight out from storage but haven't had to touch it since. And 1 Candy cane fell foul of my modified mowing technique which I had to repair. All in all its been a good season.
When and if the rewrite of LSP is completed I'll look at whether I can go back or not.
As easy as Vixen was to sequence it was somewhat limited in the effects it could generate, Thats where LSP shines with its macro's and transitions.

Anyhoo, below are this years offerings, enjoy!

Xmas Can Can
Sexy & I Know it
Whoville Medley
Toysack
Amazing Grace

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Good to hear your tree repairs held out for the season. I've always liked how your display is very symmetrical and not too busy. Well done & thanks again for your help.

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
I loved your videos. I esp. like that you used Vixen 3, which I use but get nowhere near as much from as you have. R

B_P_J

Full time elf
Very nice, i love the Reindeer, question is how did you make them? Did you use RGB strips? Dumb or Pixel? I want some singing faces next year and these look amazing, nice work mate.

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Yeah me too. I did not want to ask. I think they are single colour LED strings, four channels for each but not 12 channels. I guess you used 7 channels. R

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
For the faces I used 12V Led Neon Flex, Ray sells it as well as a few other suppliers.
Similar to THIS although I didnt buy from them. I used Red for the outlines and Yellow for the inner bits
Each face is 9 channels, All 3 are driven via 1 of Ray's 27Ch boards.